Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 12:41:56 PM EDT
Is anyone up for a Colo Spgs AK47 build party?
I have a large garage and some hand tools, vise, air grinder.  I'll be getting some bolt cutters this weekend to make a rivet tool.  We would need someone to bring the press, jig, headspace gauges & spot welder.  

Let's get together and build some plinkers!!

Later,
Kyle
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I would love to be apart of an AK47 build.  I am a new member, but I have been visiting and absorbing all of the information here for a long time.  I have never built an AK before but I would love to learn how.  I would take great pride in shooting a rifle that I built myself.  I am mechanically inclined and sure that I can figure out how to build one.  What kind of kit is best to buy?  What other supplies would I need?  If you are willing to show a new guy how it is done, just let me know a time and location and I will be there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be great to have you MgoodColorado.
Lets see who wants to get together for a build party and go from there.
As far as kits and supplies, go to the AK47 "Build it yourself' forum and do some reading.
All the info will be there along with who has good kits for sale and the other parts needed.
Welcome to the board

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would love to be apart of an AK47 build.  I am a new member, but I have been visiting and absorbing all of the information here for a long time.  I have never built an AK before but I would love to learn how.  I would take great pride in shooting a rifle that I built myself.  I am mechanically inclined and sure that I can figure out how to build one.  What kind of kit is best to buy?  What other supplies would I need?  If you are willing to show a new guy how it is done, just let me know a time and location and I will be there.

Actually there is a guy in the Springs that sells kits and parts. I've misplaced his email addy. I'll try and get it from him. I bought three kits from him.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool TV,  I may use him for some more kits too.
Have you used him for purchases?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I bought three kits, a Romy and a couple Polish under-folders from him, plus other odds and ends.

I tried calling him but his voicemail was full, and I can't find his email right off. I'll get ahold of him and post some info in this thread.

Vic.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me know when...I got a 12ton press....Triggergard jig,,,,Barrel press....24in riveter.....
Time is the only issue for me
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like if we can get hold of a spot welder, flat bending jig & gauges, we're good to go.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I got GO/NO GO gauges coming in...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Keep me informed, I might be able to supply the missing pieces.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Today I got a drill press with a machining vise, 2 sets of bolt cutters, bench grinder & more punches.  SRM,  if you could bring the press, jig, spot welder & gauges, we're set for a party.
I know uxo2 has said he has a press, trigger jig, barrel puller, rivet tool and gauges on the way.  I have to grind down the bolt cutters, but can do that no problem.  Lets see who else can bring goodies and go from there.

Later,
Kyle
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
GO/NO GO gauges came in.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]
tagged for date
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I modified a set of bolt cutters too.  Right now I am gathering the materials for parkerizing.  Set the date and I'll check my calendar.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#14]
How does Feb 25th sound?

SRM, since you have the welder & jig, does this date work for you?

That gives people time to order stuff and have it shipped if they need.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#15]
25th is good for me....A suggestion tho...
Those of you with barrels to remove..Please soak your pin and barrel with a penetrating oil atlest a few nights or  the night before....I like PB blaster...Works real good
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Good advise uxo2, I soaked mine and 3 of the 4 were no problem.

I ordered a flat bending jig from DPH Arms
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top