Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 1:11:59 PM EDT
Maybe I am just behind times in finding things out but "Old smilleyJim" at the K2 is trying to sell it before he has to shut it down. The figure I got was 1.6 million. What I do know for fact is the new Cabelas is going to have a 100 yd. rifle range and a good size handgun range. That will be nice for the area.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They really pissed me off on Sunday. They wouldn't let me shoot 124 grain military 9mm there on the pistol range.
Only months ago, they had let me shoot a .223 Bushmaster Bullpup on the pistol range because the rifle range was full.

I would love to buy it, but a little too expensive.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a shame, its the only indoor rifle range near me. However I've generally had poor experiences with them. I.e. claiming I could fire a 50cal on their rifle range, but not ss109 ammo, come on (i was using xm193 anyhow). Plus I think their no reloads rule keeps alot of the more serious shooters away from it. That and in general just the ppl working there being kinda asshats about all manner of things. So I'm not all that surprised.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]
my wolf rant

well i went to K2 today for the first time, i dont think i will be going back. i called earlier this week to confirm their ammo regulations, and was told "must be factory boxed ammo, no reloads, other than that anything goes" that pretty much counts out half my stash, but i figured ill atleast get to shoot my AR and my great grandpa's colt 38 special that i recently acquired from my dad. i was pretty syked at that point, so i get up early get all my stuff ready to go, swing by my cousins house to pick him up, when we get there i was filling out the waiver to enter the range and i over hear the range retard (who clearly had 1 too many cups of coffee) telling another guy with an ar "no wolf that stuffs dangerous". i politely ask what was that you said about wolf (knowing that i have about 500rnds of wolf in my bag), he says "you cant use it here that stuff will blow up your rifle", um.... ok.....   so whats so dangerous about it? i asked. "it's steel cased, it will blow up your rifle, there have been four AR's that have blown up from using wolf", "four in the world?" i asked being the smart ass that i am, when his partner in crime chimes in, "ya man your rifle is aluminum that stuff is steel cased and will blow up in your hands", so i said ok, scooped up my things and went to Cherry Creek State Park, nice spot and i got to use my reloads and my wolf.

my point being, i know that it is completely their choice to exclude any type of ammo in their range, but would it have been that hard to say "must be factory boxed ammo, no wolf, and no reloads". or maybe i should have known better and asked if i could use wolf.

end of rant, i feel so much better
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]
K2, a great example of un-educated supposed gun "experts".

Looks like Silver Bullet will get my business today.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#5]
They are experts! If it weren't for the old guy, I'd never have learned how much iron sights sucked!

He won't allow the targets out past 50 on the rifle range for an iron-sighted rifle. He insists that nobody can see past 50 without a scope.  

When they had Josh and/or Heather running the show downstairs, it was probably my favorite range in three states. WTF, over?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
my wolf rant

well i went to K2 today for the first time, i dont think i will be going back. i called earlier this week to confirm their ammo regulations, and was told "must be factory boxed ammo, no reloads, other than that anything goes" that pretty much counts out half my stash, but i figured ill atleast get to shoot my AR and my great grandpa's colt 38 special that i recently acquired from my dad. i was pretty syked at that point, so i get up early get all my stuff ready to go, swing by my cousins house to pick him up, when we get there i was filling out the waiver to enter the range and i over hear the range retard (who clearly had 1 too many cups of coffee) telling another guy with an ar "no wolf that stuffs dangerous". i politely ask what was that you said about wolf (knowing that i have about 500rnds of wolf in my bag), he says "you cant use it here that stuff will blow up your rifle", um.... ok.....   so whats so dangerous about it? i asked. "it's steel cased, it will blow up your rifle, there have been four AR's that have blown up from using wolf", "four in the world?" i asked being the smart ass that i am, when his partner in crime chimes in, "ya man your rifle is aluminum that stuff is steel cased and will blow up in your hands", so i said ok, scooped up my things and went to Cherry Creek State Park, nice spot and i got to use my reloads and my wolf.

my point being, i know that it is completely their choice to exclude any type of ammo in their range, but would it have been that hard to say "must be factory boxed ammo, no wolf, and no reloads". or maybe i should have known better and asked if i could use wolf.

end of rant, i feel so much better

I had a similar story that I posted about 8-10 months ago regarding wolf. Only they told me that I couldnt use wolf because it has a penatrator. I told them that no it doesent. They replied that all ammo that comes from russia has a penatrator. I went as far as to e-mail wolf and ask them to contact K2 because they were slandering their product. Then did call the range but I still cant shot wolf there. I agree they are the most retarded range in colorado....if the closed it wouldnt bother me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
it could have potential if they sold it to someone with a brain and fired all the idoits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top