Posted: 1/5/2006 7:39:07 PM EDT
Are they black rifle friendly?

SRM
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No AR's of any sort in the store.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]
How is the rest of the store?  Drove by it on the way to Wolf Creek last weekend, the place is HUGE
Didn't stop on the way back after a whole day of clays, but gotta stop sometime.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The last time I was in one was Gurnee, ILL. Prices weren't too bad even with the mall mark-up, tackle selection was decent, and the fish tanks were really impressive but they won't let you test-fire the tackle.That is, the non-fly tackle selection was decent. The flyfishing selection was about what you'd expect from a store in the midwest with "Bass" in the name, but then I prefer to buy flies from flytiers I drink with. BPS is a place to go when I need Rapalas or rubber worms.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
kind of reminds me of Cabella's in Nebraska, but huuuuuge.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty cool place to vist but I don't think the regular prices for most products is very good.  I  think Sportmans Warehouse and Gander Moutain have slightly better everyday prices.

Its just worth a trip to see all the animals and general layout.  Plus there is something to be said to have so much selection in one place.

No black rifles and not really that many handguns either but if they have something on sale it can be a good deal.  I have, however, been trying to get a Savage Stevens 200 in 30/06 for $199.95. This is a great sale price but I have had a rain check for the gun since they opened in November.
They claim they still don't have any in stock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I took the family today.  Nice setup, but hunting and guns selection was suprisingly small.  I escaped for under $50.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Save your money and go to a Sportsman's Warehouse near you if you are after guns/ammo.  I just started a part-time job at the one here in CO Springs and we have some pretty good prices.  We also sell the heck out of Bushy AR-15's (we also carry Armalites, but they don't move too well).  We also sell quite a few SA SOCOM and standard M1A's.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Save your money and go to a Sportsman's Warehouse near you if you are after guns/ammo.  I just started a part-time job at the one here in CO Springs and we have some pretty good prices.  We also sell the heck out of Bushy AR-15's (we also carry Armalites, but they don't move too well).  We also sell quite a few SA SOCOM and standard M1A's.

Great plug for SW. I do however agree. The ProShop from what I saw dosen't sell S$W's and I don't think I saw any Glocks. I may be wrong. If any of you remember Bart the gun smith from the Gun Room, he is the manager of the gun dept. at the new ProShop. He is a total different person now that he is away from George at the Gun Room. Nuff said. The prices out there are higher than SW. but for now I think the service rocks. I am disabled and there is an electric cart for me to truck around in. I myself can't wait for the new Cabelas. There will even be a 100 yd. range in that new store.

New Cabelas
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Save your money and go to a Sportsman's Warehouse near you..............

"near me" means 100 plus mile drive

But I have to agree, I liked SW better.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:33:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Interestingly enough, I was the FIRST person in the door when the Bass Pro Shop opened up in November on the old Stapleton airport site.  

I ran upstairs to the hunting department, pointed at the 870 Express Super Mag, said, "I'll take it", and then waited the next three hours waiting for the background check to clear.  

$200.

Guys were buying them two or three at a time.  Same thing with Remington 700 ADLs for $297.  

I heard later that they had seventy 870s on their shelves and they were sold out by 1pm.

BTW, it has been flawless through 1300 rounds.  

That said, I have yet to see another good deal there.  Their ammo is extremely expensive and they don't sell any evil assault rifles.  Hell, they don't even sell police 870s!  

Handgun selection is barely adequate.  

It's comparable to Gander Mountain in terms of selection, though Gander Mountain had more/better accessories.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I will never be caught dead in another sportsmans wharehouse. I have never been treated so poorly like I have from the store in Aurora. They have the rudest people working there. I could name at least five people who feel the same way. They have really lost A LOT of customers in the past year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I will never be caught dead in another sportsmans wharehouse. I have never been treated so poorly like I have from the store in Aurora. They have the rudest people working there. I could name at least five people who feel the same way. They have really lost A LOT of customers in the past year.

If you don't mind, can you email me with their names?  If those guys are really being pricks, I can pass along the info to someone who can get it fixed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#13]
It has been over two years since I stepped foot in any of there stores. So I am afraid I don't have any names for you. It is too bad, they really have pretty good stuff. They seem a lot more black rifle friendly than Gander or Bass Pro. But with the jerks working at SW, I will never be heading back. Hopefully your store will have people with less attitude.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:53:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top