Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 7:47:07 AM EDT
I am looking for directions to the shooting area in the Pawnee Grasslands. That new SEBR should be here soon and I would like to find a good place to go test it. Anyone care to clue me in?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Take Hwy 14 east from I25 past Ault. I few miles past  Ault the highway turns northeast. Right where it turns back east turn left on CR 57. Take that one mile north to CR 94. At that intersection you can go down a dirt road to the west and shoot there. Or take CR 94 about 1/2 mile east to a dirt road that goes south to more areas.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Take Hwy 14 east from I25 past Ault. I few miles past  Ault the highway turns northeast. Right where it turns back east turn left on CR 57. Take that one mile north to CR 94. At that intersection you can go down a dirt road to the west and shoot there. Or take CR 94 about 1/2 mile east to a dirt road that goes south to more areas.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Here I believe you have to go through a gate (if you go left).......also, stay on the right of the road because the left is private property.....angry rancher told me this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
And please clean up after yourself. I was up there recently and was told by the Forest Service that if the trash dumping keeps up they will close things down. Because of my work schedule I can’t partake in the ARFCOM group clean ups, but when ever I go shooting I bring along a Hefty trash bag and pick up the trash that others leave behind.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#5]
How far can you shoot out here?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Typical ranges are from 250-300+ meters in the spots I’ve shot at. I was cautioned by the park Rangers about shooting out too far because of grazing cattle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top