Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 5:40:56 PM EDT
Hi

My family and I live in Seattle and are thinking about moving to the Denver or suburbs area.  Just curious about gun laws down there......

Any advise would be appreciated.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Denver itself is pretty anti.  Stay away from there or Boulder and you'll have more freedom than you do in Seattle

SRM
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Kinda off topic, but might help USHK's inquiry.  I'm in the process to meoving out there, and might be taking an opportunity in Denver.  If you had to work in Denver, where is a nice place to live that is within a 40 min. commute to Denver?  Maybe a area where you can have a little piece of property?  If that is at all possible?

John
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Colorado gun laws are good.  Denver, less good.  The court will be deciding soon if Denver should be allowed to make their own rules.

40 minutes of Denver?  It depends on where you will be working.  Send me the address, and I'll try to point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang it if you liberals from the East and West coast don't stop moving out here we are going to be forced to build a fence around the state to keep you all out.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Colorado gun laws are good.  Denver, less good.  The court will be deciding soon if Denver should be allowed to make their own rules.

40 minutes of Denver?  It depends on where you will be working.  Send me the address, and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

It's in Aurora.  How do my options look?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dang it if you liberals from the East and West coast don't stop moving out here we are going to be forced to build a fence around the state to keep you all out.

Don't worry......We're originally from Texas and fleeing the liberals ourselves.  I've gotten to the point of just about pulling my kids out of school here.

We moved here 10 years ago and love the climate and countryside, just can't stand the politics.

Build it in a few months
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Denver itself is pretty anti.  Stay away from there or Boulder and you'll have more freedom than you do in Seattle

SRM

How are the  gun laws here in Boulder diffrent than anywhere else in Colorado?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't worry......We're originally from Texas and fleeing the liberals ourselves.  I've gotten to the point of just about pulling my kids out of school here.

We moved here 10 years ago and love the climate and countryside, just can't stand the politics.

Build it in a few months

Well in that case, Welcome!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SRM

How are the  gun laws here in Boulder diffrent than anywhere else in Colorado?

Perhaps I was misinformed, but I thought you guys had several different rules.  Including one that said if a gun was transported in a vehicle it had to be in a case that clearly indentified it as a gun.  I remember one guy showing up to a shoot in Boulder with a glock in a ziplock bag that had GUN written on it.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#10]
likewise my family had to escape the PRK. Welcome to Colorado. Good areas within 40 mins.... littleton and aurora are good choices. Parker and Castle Rock are a bit further south but the commute isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Boulder, aka, Peoples Republic of Boulder, is not a gun friendly city.  Here is an article that talks to some of the questions being asked:

www.boulderweekly.com/archive/021501/newsspin.html
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Options probably good in Aurora.  You can live south or east and be well clear of Denver.  It's a big town, with some pretty bad areas and some good.  You Will want to get your CCW.  Very easy to do.
Do you know where in Aurora?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#13]
You could always live in the springs and drive to denver..........

BIG military town
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Options probably good in Aurora.  You can live south or east and be well clear of Denver.  It's a big town, with some pretty bad areas and some good.  You Will want to get your CCW.  Very easy to do.

Would Idaho Springs be within a 45 min drive of Aurora?  I seel alot of Property there, reasonably priced...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#15]
For the Aurora bound, the Aurora gun club host trap, skeet, and IPSC matches.

For the Boulder bound, their gun club also has competitive events. I love driving & competing in Boulder because I know it pisses off the residents.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would Idaho Springs be within a 45 min drive of Aurora?  I seel alot of Property there, reasonably priced...

No, Idaho springs would be much further than 45 min.  Plus you would be commuting on a single steep grade road that often gets snow.  I-70.  Your options would lie to the east of Aurora, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm thinking about moving to Trinidad in the next year or two.  It's in the boonies, but I'm wondering, is Colorado moving toward more gun control?  Maybe I should look at going 15 miles south to New Mexico.

Robert
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive lived in Colorado for 20-years.  I came out here for the sciences program for pre-medicine at the University of Colorado.  Boulder was great at 20.  However, at 40 I can't wait to get out.  The area is one of the most pretty places in the country.  However, the people are total libtards.  Many are nuts.  Others are fruits.  God is banned .  

If I were to stay in Colorado, I would pick Fort Collins, Loveland, or Colorado Springs as the best places to live on the "Front Range."  Gun laws in these communities reflet those of the State, e.i. they are some of the least restrictive in the country (other than Gun show FFL checks).  Boulder, ironically, has no special ordinances banning guns, but the City/County of Denver has/had.  

The foothills (mountains before the Great Divide) are cool too.  However, most people find the access VERY difficult, even in the summer.  Most move after a year or more out of the foothills.  The same is the case with the mountain communities.  BTW, if your single, don't even think of living in a mountain town ANYWHERE.  The few women that exist look like this with hair.....

Please feel free to email me about your relocation.  I would be glad to help.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Build it in a few months

Well in that case, Welcome!!!

If you liked Seattle weather you will be in for a change ....Its dry aa a bone here your skin may take some time to adjust sinuses too

Boulder is like Brill cream "a little dab will do" but its fun to kill a day looking at the Pearl street mall whatever ...
40 mins from Aurora is going to keep you near Denver not much "Land" there . Right now I would suggest looking north to the Firestone area but this place is still going nuts new house wise . I have no idea how these folks afford 300K house payments ?

Longmonts OK but the people runnin it now think MORE IS BETTER and the place has really changed in the last 22 years If Kali does it or Boulder does it ....well now the former cowtown does it too . We even string white Christmas lights in town on main street JUST as is done in Los Gatos , Kali .

"Awful toney for a mining camp"

"mining camp ! , no sir were all grown up and in a year will be just as big as San Fransisco and just as BANG !
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Loveland is a nice mix of big enough, but not too big.  Although Loveland makes the commute much longer.  

Rocklock, you in Longmont?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could look south in Parker...nice little town but growing too fast....Look in the county lands surrounding Aurora, Douglas County and Arapahoe County....out a bit more on the "plains" you can get some good deals on land still....but I think on average looking at 400-500K for 2-5 acres with a decent sized home....these will not be new homes...usually built in the 70's and 80's.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ive lived in Colorado for 20-years.  I came out here for the sciences program for pre-medicine at the University of Colorado.  Boulder was great at 20.  However, at 40 I can't wait to get out.  The area is one of the most pretty places in the country.  However, the people are total libtards.  Many are nuts.  Others are fruits.  God is banned .  

If I were to stay in Colorado, I would pick Fort Collins, Loveland, or Colorado Springs as the best places to live on the "Front Range."  Gun laws in these communities reflet those of the State, e.i. they are some of the least restrictive in the country (other than Gun show FFL checks).  Boulder, ironically, has no special ordinances banning guns, but the City/County of Denver has/had.  

The foothills (mountains before the Great Divide) are cool too.  However, most people find the access VERY difficult, even in the summer.  Most move after a year or more out of the foothills.  The same is the case with the mountain communities.  BTW, if your single, don't even think of living in a mountain town ANYWHERE.  The few women that exist look like this with hair.....

Please feel free to email me about your relocation.  I would be glad to help.

What area is the most conservative?  I hear that Colorado Springs is moreso than Ft. Collins.  I just dont want the place I choose to live to turn into another NY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top