Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2005 3:54:10 PM EDT
I stopped by Jensen Arms today for the first time. I have to say that is one of the best shops I have been to. The people were great and obviously very "black rifle" friendly. Even though it is an hour from my house, I will use them for all my gun purchases in the future. A lot of stores in Denver seem to snubb you when you first show up. The guys at Jensen's were more than happy to show me anything I wanted to see. I just wanted to give these guys a plug since I had such a great expierence. $1000.00 later, I am a happy man. I know most of you guys are more than familier with them, but if your not, you need to check them out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Jensen Arms is the best
They got pretty much everything, they have THE best prices, and even on their ammo
oh, and they know their stuff.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I doubt if you can beat  Jensens for selection  or price. They do seem to cater more to
LEOs but they still treat the average joe shooter very well. They are one of the best reasons to be a shooter in Northern Colorado.
I've been looking for a place to relocate to and having a decent gun shop and a place to shoot are tops on my criteria. In my research  I'm finding Jensen's is a very difficult store to top.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I simply cannot step foot in that store without spending money, it is a very good thing that I don't live closer.  

It's also refreshing to see that no-one gives you a second look when walking around "downtown" Loveland with what can only be a rifle-length cardboard box.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought my first three guns from them, in particular they were very friendly and took their time to explain things to me when buying my first gun, when I knew very little about them.  Unfortunately I don't live very close to them anymore.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, those guys are okay. They are the official supply store for Team Prozak!
Link Posted: 10/22/2005 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/27/2005 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Best store around!  I have purchased 6 firearms through them and no one can come close to their price.  They are very knowledgable and friendly.  

It is hard to go there and not spend money....
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]

It is hard to go there and not spend money.... hr

Yea, and now that they have their class 3 and the ATF seems to be getting forms approved faster I am in big trouble.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree.  I have purchased 3 guns, tons of ammo, and other accesories from Jensen.  They are great folks to deal with.  I will not hesitate to buy from there again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I am just glad I am over a 100 miles away or I would be even broker that what I am.

If I could just get them to stock small upper end parts....
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Decent store.  

There is that one guy though...  Is he off his medication?
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I was just there this morning. It's a great store - the only place to be if you live north of Denver. Thanks for the good service, Dave!
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 7:47:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Gotta agree with everyone.  I drove up from Colorado Springs to have a look and ended up walking out with a used SA M1A Scout and a Rohrbaugh R9S.  Funny thing is I had been on a waiting list for the Rohrbaugh, but gave up after 9 months.  Then, I walk in and they have one in stock.  I couldn't help myself.  Friendly and knowledgeable staff that actually knows the Black Rifle culture.

Bob (owner) actually helped me carry my stuff out to the truck and chatted with me for about 10 minutes.  He's a great guy.  Our local shop here in the Springs tends to cater more to the hunting and shotgunning crowd and their prices don't compare to Jensen's.

I'll be making the trip up to Loveland Friday after Thanksgiving and bringing a couple of friends.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's another +1 from a Jensen's fan.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
My sons and I come down from Wyoming. I've purchased three guns from them and both of my sons don't seem to be able to go in there without spending money.

Still waiting for them to open a store in Cheyenne, hint...hint.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]
funny storry...
i heard of jensens from some random guy in best buy.
i was looking at some video game cover and mentioned ot my room mate that the gun the guy was holding on the cover(AR-15 M4) was the rifle i was going to purchase in the next few days.
well the guy next to me was like you should go to jensen and buy it...
i took his advice and was very glad i did...
however i ended up getting an AK, not the M4 due to funds being diverted to a nice birthday present for the girlfriend.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#18]
They also carry a good selection of surplus ammo in 5.56, 7.62X51, and 7.62X39.

It's one of the main reasons I'll continue to be a customer.  I can't get my dealer here in the Springs to carry any surplus stuff.

Did I mention their prices are fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I like Jensen, don't get me wrong, but Ive had some serious issues with their customer service lately.  

First, they never sent an FFL for a transfer.  I found out about 1.5 weeks later by visiting the store and asking them if they sent it.  No.......I had to send another dealers FFL and it delayed the transaction significantly.  No, they could not give me the darn FFL like everbody else does, they had to mail it themselves.  

Second, whenever I ask them a question about a gun not in stock or If they will accept a price lower than advertized, I get a 1/2 answer all the time.  

Kinda like, no its not in stock.  

OK, but when the hell are you going to get it in stock?  An estimate?

Price, are you LEO?  

No, I'm not an LEO, but I'm a friken customer, aswer the fricken question once so I don't have to send 3 emails over 3 days.  Give me both prices so I don't have to spend a week shopping for something that should take 15-minutes.

Redacted Cals analogy, fact I have had a few unlucky experiences in a row with Jensens; however, they have an excellent reputation.  Ive never heard anything bad about them over the years, other than my experiences over the past 12 months.  Kinda makes you feel like you've got a kick me sign on yur arse.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, Ive purchased at least 3 guns from Jensen.  With me their customer service since those purchases has been one step above Cals Sporting Armory.  

BTW, Cals could care less about non LEO buyers.

Wow.  That is a very harsh comparison and I have never heard those two stores used in the same sentence.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Ive been a gun guy for 30 years.  Things have changed.  In this day and age you have to have your act together.  Heck, I can make a phone call to 100 dealers and get great service and not have to pay sales tax
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#22]
You may not have had the most positive experience at Jensens but it is no
way comparable to Cals!

Cals has not even a clue about customer service. Its not even on their agenda.

Jensens may be like any other place-dependant upon who helps you and that persons
particular disposition at the time.  (Remember-anyone who works in retail has to suffer fools
on a regular basis-sometimes that gets transfered to next customer.)

However, overall the staff at Jensens is light years above the Cals.  I'll never set foot
into Cals ever again. On the other hand, the people at  Jensens have gone out of their way to help me.
Call and explain your problem to Bob Jensen-if its legitimate I'm betting they will make things right.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I am not trying to start any shit with you guys, but I have also have had some problems with Jensens customer service.  I will still go there to buy ammo, but I am not sure I want to put $700 on the line with them for a gun.  

Its one guy, every time I am in there he is ranting on something or other.  The first time was when he was telling a customer that when using a revolver for home defence, load the first shot with just a primer, no bullet.  Shoot, and flash the intruder(rather than using a flashlight) and then shoot the bad guy in the dark.  He is interesting.  

My dad also tried to return a holster there after my dad and the salesman misread the tag.  He was looking for a compact holster, and accidentally bought a fullsize.  The guy fairly threw the money at my dad.  I was not impressed.  

Other than stuff like that though, it is a great shop, and the only Black Rifle shop in the area.  So, I will probably keep going back for mags, ammo, and to window shop.  YMMV  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe this guy just hasn't been working when I went in.  What does he look like?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I have never had a negative experience at Jensen.  

I purchased a sling when I had my RRA.  The first time, I grabbed the wrong type, and returned it for the tactical model I really wanted.  But the gentleman at the counter, and myself, misread the package and it was a left handed sling, and I need a right hand model.  It was exchanged without any hassle whatsoever.  Thats 2 returns/exchanges on teh same day, and I was not treated with anything less than the utmost respect.

These guys are A+ in my book
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I have been dealing with Jensen's for several years.  They have high volume and I have been in there numerous times and have seen it there when it is wall-to-wall folks.  At NO time have I ever seen anything but the staff there being polite and professional.  They are the best to deal with and will help anyone.  

It is nice to deal with these folks.  I have bought items from them and many times I am asked if I am LEO.  This will ensure our LEO folks receive discounts.  While some may think that is unfair, think again.  I was LEO for many years and I know what my paycheck looked like and what I dealt with on a regular basis.  Trust me, LEO is not in it for the money.  Having these guys offer our LEO discounts is outstanding and folks should make a point of thanking them for that.  Keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Mouseboy, sorry you had a bad experience.  Ask for me, Dave and we'll get you taken care of.

You cant please them all. You guys are the best gun store I have set foot in, and I grew up in Texas. Jensen Arms is an invaluable resource to all of us in N. Colorado who love black rifles and now class 3 items! I cant wait for my SWR Trident BTW, are you guys gonna start carrying Subsonic ammo for suppressors (specifically 9mm)?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Mouseboy, sorry you had a bad experience.  Ask for me, Dave and we'll get you taken care of.  

As for LEO pricing, we quote LEO pricing only to LEO's, sorry if that makes you angry, but we try to offer discounts to LEO's as they put their life on the line each day for all of us.

We also send FFL's directly to FFL dealers as there has been individuals that have misused our FFL's which put our business in jeapordy.  Sorry but thats a sign of the times.  Nothing directed to you.  I am totally unaware of a FFL request that has gone unfilled or unsent.  Please refer directly to me and I'll see what I can do for you.

On special order items, we do not order one item at a time and try to place LARGE orders with our vendors so that we can get better discounts, and better prices for you.  We are happy to special order items for customers, but we ask that you be patent as to when they arrive. Most of our wholesalers do not give us a date as to shipment arrival times.  In fact some of our Manufacturers are typcially 6 mos out.  When we order single items, we get charged more plus the individual shipping cost.  We try to avoid this as we then cannot compete against the Mart type stores.  We strive to get items in as cheaply as we can to offer you the advantage of paying less.  Sometimes that makes it a little crazy and hectic around here.

Also, please understand that we answer approximately 70+ emails a day, and sometimes we need to be brief.  Please accept our apology.  

"Jensens may be like any other place-dependant upon who helps you and that persons
particular disposition at the time. (Remember-anyone who works in retail has to suffer fools
on a regular basis-sometimes that gets transfered to next customer.) "

brandyspaw, thanks for the understanding, retail has its moments!!!

CSM:  I'm personally unaware of anyone offering that advice as that is a fool's advice.  we sell a ton of flashlights for the purpose of illuminating a suspect.  Most of our staff are LEO or past LEO/Military and would never give such advice.  

Again, we strive to get you the best prices and have more black rifle, handguns, and accessories  than anyone else in Northern Colorado.  Please feel free to drop us an email

[email protected]

OK, Ill buy that , Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have never had a negative experience at Jensen.  

I purchased a sling when I had my RRA.  The first time, I grabbed the wrong type, and returned it for the tactical model I really wanted.  But the gentleman at the counter, and myself, misread the package and it was a left handed sling, and I need a right hand model.  It was exchanged without any hassle whatsoever.  Thats 2 returns/exchanges on teh same day, and I was not treated with anything less than the utmost respect.

These guys are A+ in my book

A smart store owner would realize he just got a gun addict into his shop 3 times in a row and you probably saw 10 things in varying levels of "gotta have it" every time for the mere cost of switching merchandise...

I'll have to pay them a visit sometime I've heard nothing but the best!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Just bought my first AR from Jensens today....RRA elite tactical......I would post pics but I dont have a digital.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Just bought my first AR from Jensens today....RRA elite tactical......I would post pics but I dont have a digital. hr

My room mate has one for sale, but after buying an AR, you are probably not in the market for a digital camera.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just bought my first AR from Jensens today....RRA elite tactical......I would post pics but I dont have a digital.

My room mate has one for sale, but after buying an AR, you are probably not in the market for a digital camera.

How much? What kind?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#34]
hoodyhoo

tried to i-m you but no good sent an e-m lmk if you received it
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Jim,
e-mail me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Well my 2005 SEBR is supposed to ship out on Monday. I am looking at buying a few upgrades and looked at the link for dealers that are offering a discount to buyers of the SEBR. I did not see Jensens on the list. I would like to go pick up my stuff there and keep the money local but of course I would like to get the best deal I can also. Does anyone know if they are offering any discounts for purchasers of the SEBR?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#37]
hoodyhoo -

http://www.trailerparkdream.com/Camera.htm
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Made my 1st stop into Jensens and I was impressed. It was busy but the staff was waiting on everyone as best they could. My wife and I handled several handguns from a couple different cases and the fellow waiting on us was patient and courtious even though he knew we weren't going to spend a dime on this visit. Great prices and selection and darn it they've got layaway..now that will get me in trouble..LOL.. I mentioned ARFCOM and the guy perked up and mentioned how they got a lot of business from here.

MB
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I just recalled  something I should have included when I posted in this thread earlier.

It goes back several years to when Bob Jensen was in his former location there in Loveland.
I was on the local Friends Of The NRA commitee to put together their first banquet.  They
are along the lines of a Ducks Unlimited dinner for those non NRA members who have not heard of them. Each local chapter gets to keep half of the income for local causes.
Our  chapter had chosen to donate our  income from the auctions, raffles and dinner to youth
shooting matches and Eddie Eagle gun education programs.                              

I was in charge of donations and hit up individuals and businesses for money (to buy
products) or merchandise to raffle and auction off.  
Bob Jensen  donated a gun to the cause.

What is unique about this is that Jensen Arms was the only gun dealer that contributed. I had great luck getting plumbers, jewelers, auto repair shops, etc (most every conceivable type of business asked) contributed except for the local firearms businesses.
I found it strange that the type of businesses that would ultimately benefit trom this NRA
function turned their back on this NRA function.

I do find it commendable that Bob Jensen choose to donate a gun when other gun shops
and sporting goods stores did nothing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Another very satisfied Jensen customer here.  I've also purchased numerous firearms from them including ar15, mossberg 500, Reminton 700 police and various loads of ammo and accessories!  I have never had any bad experiences with them whatsoever.  It is a very added but expensive benefit to have a shop of this professionalism in my town.  

Mouseboy, Dave and most recently Bob Jensen's sister are all i've ever dealt with there and i know they both will take great care of you as they did me.

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I went for the first time this past week and it is by far the best gun store I have ever been in.

Price, service and selection all much better than anything else in Denver.  And they actually know about ARFCOM and the internet, unlike the others.

Walked out with a new PTR91F and some SA battle packs.  It will be hard to go back because their prices are so good I know my wallet will regret it.

Seydou
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I called them asking if they would have a gun for sale, they said no, and they werent planning to have them ever.

Sent them an email an asking if they had the same gun and they said they would hopefully have them soon.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, as a test, I went back to jensens twice recently for ammo, mags, asked quesions, and windowshopped.  I got great awesome service.  As a matter of fact, possibly the best service I have ever had in a gunshop.   Make a liar out of me whydoncha!  

I am not retracting anything I said before.  However, if I had to deal with the some of the stuff they have to live with on a daily basis, I probably wouldn't be able to do half as good a job as Jensens does now.  So sorry if what I wrote earlier sounded like bashing, I didn't mean it that way.  

All in all, if you Jensen guys keep being normal, helpful, and continue to have the great prices, I am just gonna have to keep coming back.  

-edit for grammar.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#45]
My SEBR rifle should be shipping soon.  Since it is my first AR, I will need some stuff for it.  It is nice to hear about a gool local shop.  I will have to go see them when it shows up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn straight! Jensens is the best shop I've ever been in. They actually know what they're talking about, and are curteous and professional. I've given them a good amount of business the last 5 years or so, and plan to keep doing so. It is a good thing they're about 1 hour from home, or I'd be living in a quite well-fortified cardboard box!!

+1,000 for Jensens!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I love Jensen's.  Their holster selection is so damn big that I don't even bother looking through it.  I just ask Dave or Mike where what I want is and they somehow know.  

They have an HK 94 down there right now that I can hear calling me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#48]
+1 for Jensens

Ive bought over $3000+ worth of firearms from them (4 rifles, 1 pistol).  3000 might not be much to others, but thats alot for me to drop at one store.  Always satisfied with the products I received from them.

However, like all human beings they have their faults.  Sometimes they are friendly, but sometimes they arent very pleasant at all.  That seems to be a factor of what time you go in, about closing time theyve been brutalised for so many hours and arent in the best of moods.

All in all a good store, I wish they would move their store down to my backyard, that way all I have to do is walk out the patio door and BAM, Im in Jensens...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Right around November 2005, it was my first visit to Jensen Arms.

I brought my GF to purchase a holster for P2000sk at Jensen. They were really friendly. He even let us take the P2000sk out (of course unloaded, and double check) and let us try few holsters.

We did not get to buy anything, but I had a great service.  

I would recommand people to at least take a visit to Jensen Arms.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#50]
+1 for Jensens.  2 Aks, 1 AR, 1 1911, and I'll keep going back.

The sad thing is that I am really bad with names.  I remember faces but not names.

The ONLY gun I haven't bought from Jensens, (sorry guys.  I'll NEVER do it again!)  was from Sportman's Warehouse a few miles down the road.  Not the smartest bunch over there, but they had a P22 in stainless, while Jensens only had it in black.  Anyways, bad move on my part. The weapon turned out to be a lemon and the guys are Sportsman's weren't willing to help.  They kept telling me just to send it back to Walther.
Like I said.... never again!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top