Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 10:42:20 PM EDT
Will be hunting elk during Sept 10 to 18 during Muzzleoader season.  What should I expect for weather?

Have hunted rifle before, but this early in the year tells me I can probably leave the gaiters at home.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It could be anything from 80's and sunny to 20's and snow.  Mostly likely nice but you never know when in the mountain in CO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, what newracer said. Take enough clothing for all weather conditions.

I've hunted elk in Oct. in a tee-shirt and tennis shoes one year and the next I'm wearing cold weather gear and Sorel's in 20° and 8" of snow. And some years it'll go from that extreme literally overnight.

My best friend grew up in Ouray, on the other side of the mtn. from Telluride, and he's waken up to a couple inches of snow on July 4th.

Expect snow at any time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Leaving snow gear behind will guarantee several feet of snowfall.

Bring ALL your gear, be ready to use it.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Bring all your gear and pray for snow. Snow is great, snow is wonderful, snow MOVES elk!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top