Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 5:27:19 PM EDT
Hey all,
Just curious if anybody has or knows if Douglas County has singed off on allowing you to own a suppressor? I want to buy a gemtech, but need to check is someone has one?
...issue resolved
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the same question, but for Denver.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Denver:

Chief Whitman has only signed 3 Form4s in his tenure as chief, for Denver.  hat

Also if he asks the Denver District Attorney's Office for advice on these he will find that they DO NOT support the Form4 as an "Affirmative Defense" in the case of C.R.S. 18-12-102 Possessing a dangerous or illegal weapon - affirmative defense.  The Colorado Revised Statutes states that it is an affirmative defense to possession of a dangerous or illegal weapon if that party is/was a peace officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or Colorado national guard acting in the lawful discharge of his duties, or that said person has a valid permit and license for possession of such weapon.he"Would place the transferee in violation of State or Local law."hort,

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Denver:

Chief Whitman has only signed 3 Form4s in his tenure as chief, for Denver.  

Not that he gets a ton of requests just more likely that the stigma of Denver's prior chiefs has led most to believe that the chief will refuse to sign.  IMHO it is not likely though that he will sign, just because I believe that he is un-a-custom to these requests and most likely has numerous resevations about signing off on Federal requests.  

Also if he asks the Denver District Attorney's Office for advice on these he will find that they DO NOT support the Form4 as an "Affirmative Defense" in the case of C.R.S. 18-12-102 Possessing a dangerous or illegal weapon - affirmative defense.  The Colorado Revised Statutes states that it is an affirmative defense to possession of a dangerous or illegal weapon if that party is/was a peace officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or Colorado national guard acting in the lawful discharge of his duties, or that said person has a valid permit and license for possession of such weapon.

If the chief get's this info he will not sign the form due to the fact that the DA's opinion on these items leads them to believe that it "Would place the transferee in violation of State or Local law."

In short, my advice.  MOVE TO A COUNTY WITH A BIT MORE SENSE!

Good Luck!

But Denver is the only county where I can buy a home and feel comfortable that it will retain its value or appreciate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
anything on douglas county?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
you may have better luck in fileing under a corp. name. take care &  good luck.
Iron ridge gunsmithing FFl-07/Class 2 mfg.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
anything on douglas county?

Douglas will NOT sign off period. My C3 dealer had a customer try and they refused so he sent the sheriffs dept. a letter to inquire as to why. I seen the letter they sent him and basically it was a chickenshit cop out about how it's an ATF matter and they would not sign.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#7]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Denver:

Chief Whitman has only signed 3 Form4s in his tenure as chief, for Denver.

Not that he gets a ton of requests just more likely that the stigma of Denver's prior chiefs has led most to believe that the chief will refuse to sign. IMHO it is not likely though that he will sign, just because I believe that he is un-a-custom to these requests and most likely has numerous resevations about signing off on Federal requests.

Also if he asks the Denver District Attorney's Office for advice on these he will find that they DO NOT support the Form4 as an "Affirmative Defense" in the case of C.R.S. 18-12-102 Possessing a dangerous or illegal weapon - affirmative defense. The Colorado Revised Statutes states that it is an affirmative defense to possession of a dangerous or illegal weapon if that party is/was a peace officer or member of the armed forces of the United States or Colorado national guard acting in the lawful discharge of his duties, or that said person has a valid permit and license for possession of such weapon.

If the chief get's this info he will not sign the form due to the fact that the DA's opinion on these items leads them to believe that it "Would place the transferee in violation of State or Local law."

In short, my advice. MOVE TO A COUNTY WITH A BIT MORE SENSE!

Good Luck!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Denver is the only county where I can buy a home and feel comfortable that it will retain its value or appreciate.

thelastgunslinger< NOW I SEE YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you may have better luck in fileing under a corp. name. take care &  good luck.
Iron ridge gunsmithing FFl-07/Class 2 mfg.

Where in CO are you? I am hoping that in a few months I will need the services of an FFL that can transfer NFA items.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#9]
We are in Longmont Co. In old town, you may give us a call and we will be glad to help you w/any transfers that you may need.We have all the forms on file that we can send to you or you could get them on line. take care
Iron Ridge
Tel # 720.937.9855
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We are in Longmont Co. In old town, you may give us a call and we will be glad to help you w/any transfers that you may need.We have all the forms on file that we can send to you or you could get them on line. take care
Iron Ridge
Tel # 720.937.9855

My buddy at Iron Ridge is a good guy. He's my regular pusher dealer. I've been bugging him to visit the board. Glad he's here!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, just got my answer. Douglas will not sign, unless I know the chief. That part sounds stupid but dont know if its true, and I was told in order to go around it I would have to incorp myself, LLC ..etc. to much b/s I think.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Douglas  Sheriff is a Prick...   I hear he'll be gone soon.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Douglas  Sheriff is a Prick...   I hear he'll be gone soon.  

Term limits? It's a beautiful thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know how likely it is to get a signoff on an SBR in Jeffco?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top