Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2002 12:24:36 AM EDT
Long long ago, and far far away, There once was the Colorado Subgun Shoot. . .

This was hosted by Chris Choate out in Grenada, CO.

I attended 2 of these, and met some fine people from all over the state and some from states beyond who love having a good time and warming up there special toys. . .

I miss these events, and while I would love to make the pilgrimage to "The Creek". I have not yet been able to for lack of time or money, usually both.

I would like to raise the challenge to my fellow lead slingers, can users, belt feeders etc. WE NEED A CENTRAL COLORADO SHOOT! This is a proposed New Years resolution! We must create a shoot! I am offering to do what ever I can to help.

Do I hear an AMEN People?
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
AMEN!
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Not long after the second shoot I got a flyer for #3.  I called chris to get further details.  He sadly informed me that he had lost the range because of some sort of problem at shoot #2.  He never arranged anymore after that.  Of course Dragon Man does a couple of small shoots each year.  I kinda doubt we could get anything any bigger or better going.  Karl.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I ran into Chris at a Gunshow at the State fair grounds in Pueblo a few years back and there was a number of issues which caused its demise.

IIRC the big one was that the owner of the property was advised by his lawyer that the shoot should have its own liability insurance, or he could be liable.

As far as Dragon's when they hold those shoots - It reminds me of a small circus with a firing squad. But in Mel's defense I have not been to one in the last 6 years so things may have improved.

I know a couple of ex C3 dealers who have some mountain property which they developed into a range with the works... The Drive by event, the 180, the last stand, and of course, the house. Its a prime setup, and I don't know if I could talk them into hosting it, but it would be much better than staring downrange at a wall of dirt at Mel's. (I don't know about the tannerite though... May not want to TOTALLY spook the neighbors.

Link Posted: 12/21/2002 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as Dragon's when they hold those shoots - It reminds me of a small circus with a firing squad. But in Mel's defense I have not been to one in the last 6 years so things may have improved.

Hard telling, they're not the best organized.  They're no Knob Creek.  Karl.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Not quite in Central CO but a great time.

www.rmfcsa.org
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out the website for the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. They sponser a .50 cal and machine gun shoot every spring. Almost time to do it again I think...

www.rmgo.org
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I still have hope - and will keep a spare ammo can waiting...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top