Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:15 PM EDT
Pretty dissapointing, I thought most of the guns and ammo were priced high, I only found a couple good deals.

I did sell an old bolt action I had for $50 more than I had bought it for, and I bought some new LEO AR mags. I will never get tired of buying formerly restricted magazines.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:19:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Were mag prices generally good?

I assume Miwall has a table, as usual...

I'm planning to go today.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Miwall was there.  Good selection of .223 ammo.  Picked some up.

I'd never been to the Crossroads show before. Although I only needed ammo, I went.

Wound up bringing home a bushy lower as well as ammo.

Overall, I really didn't see any killer deals.  There were a few different  vendors compared to the Tanner show, but not different enough price-wise to make a difference to me.

But I like checking stuff out that you don't normally get to see during my visits to the local shops...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#3]
$75 for (4) 20 rounders. I own good quality 30's but all my 20's look like they have been through the Nam.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought prices were starting to get better.  That guy with all the AR stuff from Wyoming right there at the front door wasn't too unreasonable for new guns with lots of bling.  I picked up 2 30-rounders from that guy with the big stack of LEO mags for $16, both work fine.  I was really undecided about going for the $105/1000rds of Wolf at Miwall, but I've got enough of the 55-grain stuff at home to last for a while.  I can't believe I just said I had "enough" ammo, I must be listening to my wife too much.

I was pleased with the show, but it was sure crowded.  I had hoped to see more bolt guns there, but there were no good deals on Rem 700's.  Maybe next time...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me or did this show used to be alot bigger than it is these days? I can remember going with my dad when I was like 12 or 13 and this show taking up a much larger room and about 4 times as many vendors. Of course that was like 12 years ago and may have just looked bigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top