Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 6:53:56 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Can someone recommend a CCW class in the Springs (preferably) or Denver area?  Being active duty military, I don't believe I need to take a safety course for the CCW application, but I would still like to take a CCW class for my own personal development - and for the local legal instruction, of course.

I was also wondering about the "proof of firearms training" for the permit application - does "Evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competitions or current military service" mean that I just have to present my active duty military ID or will I need to bring a scorecard from a recent pistol qualification?

Anything else I should know about CCW in Colorado?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The way I read the law is military people have to have proof that they have trained with pistols.
(Parts of the law are really vague.)

Many of the NRA Basic Handgun courses taught these days assume people are taking them for their CCW card. All six of the people in my class took it for that reason, so just sign up for one of those.

And, BTW, thanks for serving.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 friends that told me that Military ID suffices as proof.  Call the Sheriffs office to make sure.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top