Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2004 5:10:51 PM EDT
The store in Aurora had it's grand opening this weekend. Is it worth going there?

Sportsman's Warehouse is pretty close and I could check out both next weekend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Went Friday, it's a really impressive operation.

At the front of the store they were passing out free gunlocks... in the back, they have more guns than god, and a decent selection of CZs (my fav!). On the right hand part of the store, they have these $7 camelbak clones; I bought a couple of those for gifting. Ammo section's impressive, and they have black hills .223!

Anyone know what the BH 68 gr HPs are like? I picked up a box with my $10 coupon.

As expected, most everything is grossly overpriced, though they do seem to have a decent price match on firearms.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I am going Monday.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I went in tonight on my way home from work. It's a big place and they had a lot of stuff but I found the staff to be pretty impersonable. They don't carry any rifles like AR's or Springfield Armory type stuff- pretty much all traditional hunting type rifles. I did not feel their prices were all that good either. They didn't have very much in the way of reloading stuff either. Some of their used guns were more than brand new ones in other places. In my opinion I would rather go to Sportsman's Warehouse in the future instead. I have done quite a bit of business with them in the past and feel they have earned my business time and time again on my reloading supplies and special orders.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ammo section's impressive, and they have black hills .223!

Anyone know what the BH 68 gr HPs are like? I picked up a box with my $10 coupon.

I really like the BH 68's, some members have had trouble with them though. Do you know what other weights of BH .223 they carry? I've been looking for a local source forever.  How much do they charge?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Sportsman's Warehouse has Black Hills, but not the 55 soft points. Green Mountain Guns has them all.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Sportsman's Warehouse must be worried about Gander Mountain. They just sent me a great coupon, but it is only good in the Aurora store.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Gander Mtn last weekend.  Liked it way better than sportsman warehouse.  I love the fact that you can actually pick up the rifles/shotguns without them being behind a counter.  (locked up, but still).
But yes, like SW, mostly hunter/fisher oriented.  I bought a Browning O/U there, good price and it was there.
The guy told me they are going to be opening another Gander Mtn in Thorton soon.  (where I dunno).
Anyway, worth checking out
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The 68 gr was something like 11-12 bucks? I picked it up only because I had the $10 off coupon, and the brass looked pretty. With Wolf at $2.50/box, I now have a (slightly inflated) local source.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I prefer Sportsmans Warehouse. Yes Gander has their vast assortment of rifles displayed so that you can pick them up, but I expect most will have dings in the comb after a few weeks, because ya gotta be careful putting them back to avoid smacking the stock on the display rack, and most people are not careful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top