Posted: 9/13/2004 1:36:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Please name the store. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I went into mine local gun store and they didnt know if it was legal to sell me LEO mags and they didnt...They didnt know what was up??? Kind of scary..
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hamblen.

yeah, they aren't real bright in there......

Too bad Colorado Optics threw in with them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What N. Colo gun shops are AR/AK friendly???  

I have had similar expirences there.  It depends on who you talk to, some guys are ok.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hamblen.

I have only been in there once and I was looking for a Ruger Vaquero which I bought from them but haven't been in there since.  They seem to like to sell high end over and under shotties and I don't really remember much else in there.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What N. Colo gun shops are AR/AK friendly???  

I have had similar expirences there.  It depends on who you talk to, some guys are ok.

Jensens in Loveland.
Ace hardware in Loveland and Eaton
Sportsman's warehouse in Loveland
Hadn't heard about Big R in Greeley

Overall you'll find that Jensen's will have the most selection and best prices.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i am surprised!  went into Jensen's today with $$$ to burn.  got completely ignored for 20 minutes and left.  even had to put back 2 cases of XM193.  their prices are not competitive with the internet, but i want to support them.  got 2 RRA's from them 3 months ago.  if they had put a DS Arms STG58 carbine in my hands...  they are 2hrs roundtrip from me, so wholesalehunter & atlanticfirearms here i come.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hamblen.

Never heard of them, what city are they in?

KOTB

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Jensen's is in Loveland-corner of 4th and Lincoln(?)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They are in Fort Collins.  

I have had some good and not so good dealings with them in the past.  Never been very impressed with their customer service.  

I did score a VERY nice SP1 in there complete with 2 sets of furniture, 1 of the sets was a complete set of walnut furniture!  I got it about 2 years ago for $800 out the door, can't complain about that.  After I paid and had the bg check, one of the other guys walked up and tried to tell me that the extra set of furniture was an extra $80.00.  Told him to piss off.

For ar goods, I usually go to Jensens or order from Eagle Firearms here on the site.  I wish either of them had a standard lower parts kit.  I almost went down to Jensens today but figured they would be swamped.

If anyone finds a RRA LPK in CO, let me know.

Well they had 4 RRA lowers and parts kits on Saturday, but guess who left with them!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Did you happen to catch what their prices are for 7.62x39mm in there? How about 5.45x39mm?
I havent checked on 5.45 but 7.62 is $1.96 a box. If you buy 500 rounds it drops to $1.84 a box. Thats where I buy all my ak ammo, great store and I always get great service.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
i didn't price out 7.62 or 5.45 at Jensen's, but noticed they had a bunch.  well, let me say they had enuff for the average consumer.h.gif
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to make a trip to Jensens this week.  I heard they have pretty good deals on pistols.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I noticed they had a bunch of XM193 for something like $88/case of 500 which is pretty damn good especially when you consider it's the only place around here that I'm aware of that you can go lay hands on the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Guess what hamblen sales said today? Even though the fedral ban is lifted there is no effect in colorado and this stuff is still illegal. It can be shiped here but not bought in state. Morons.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#22]
"He then says, when will people realize that there is no difference in these guns between today and yesterday. When will they wake up."  Same guy?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Guess what hamblen sales said today? Even though the fedral ban is lifted there is no effect in colorado and this stuff is still illegal. It can be shiped here but not bought in state. Morons.

I have been in there and heard them tell people wrong info or even outright lie many times, so many in fact, I refuse to darken their door any more.

rockymtnhi,

If you get ignored at Jensen's, it is usually because they are not high pressure sales there, they have tons of people that just come in to browse, like myself. And Bob is a slave driver When I worked there, he wanted you always stocking shelves unless you were processing a transaction, course then he would get upset if you weren't selling guns too......

It gets tense in there every once in a while, but don't get upset if you are not asked if you can be helped 15 times like you would be at a car lot

Just belly up to the counter and say you need some help

And if $88.99 per case of XM193 in you hand is not competitive with the internet sales, please tell me where you can get it in a day for less......

Eaton Ace hardware can eat my shorts, I will never do business in there again.

Big-R is pretty nice bunch of guys, but the prices are a little high.

Garretson's on 10th is a riot It is likely that you will never find higher prices anywhere else, but the guys seem ok to talk too.

Sportsmans Warehouse is ok, I have bought a few guns there, and will again, the guys there have various levels of knowledge.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:44:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Sportsmans Warehouse- I've never been in the one up north , just the two in metro Denver. First time I walked in I thought it was just another big box/Carhartt sellin' place that didn't interest me- until I was looking for a Carbon-15. The local store, where I've bought lots of stuff over the years, said "well, if you really want one, we can order it for you" and shot me retail price. I was in Aurora on business, stopped at Sportsmans Warehouse, they had 4, at substantially less than retail. I'm a regular shopper there now.
For unbanned stuff- Daves. Went in on Tuesday- "Hi,got any 20 round Colt mags? " "Nope, sold out" Another guy says "No, they're in the box under the Kahrs, marked LE only" First guy-"Oh, sorry, how many would you like?" Many....They're the store that was on the front page of the Rocky, with all the guys buying the good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top