Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 1:20:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag.
Need some more details but I would really like for my wife and sister to go.  Wife is up here in Windsor but my sister is in Aurora.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
They were out of Browning Hi power mags already.  

So it goes

Chris
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the money, some time,it all depends where this is held.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
As I mentioned before, I am also an NRA instructor giving classes in Idaho Springs, if anyone is interested.  You can email me or reply here.  

Not trying to take any students away from this class, but if others are interested and Idaho Springs is closer... $100.  Classes run 3-3 1/2 classroom and 3-4 hours of range time, shoot 100 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in regardless of location, but I need to confirm a date.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As I mentioned before, I am also an NRA instructor giving classes in Idaho Springs, if anyone is interested.  You can email me or reply here.  

Not trying to take any students away from this class, but if others are interested and Idaho Springs is closer... $100.  Classes run 3-3 1/2 classroom and 3-4 hours of range time, shoot 100 rounds.

No offense taken. The more the merrier. Maybe we need a thread for both if there is any interest. That way people can sign up for the class that's closest to them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:43:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Well we might as well start working on dates. How about October 2nd? Its a Saturday, first one in October.

I'm already booked on the 16th, and I may be booked on the 23rd and 30th.

If that doesn't work, then somebody pick some dates and we'll work on it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:17:57 AM EDT
[#8]
October 2nd would work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the okay.  

I'm able to offer a one day class, any day, except Sundays.  Classroom is in a church and I use the range at Clear Creek County Sportsman Club.  Need to schedule two weeks out.  Will give class for as few as 3 people.  Must be 18.

NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Competitor in IPSC and IDPA
Safety Officer for IDPA
Chief Range Officer for USPSA
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Please sign up soon if you can. The October 2nd date seems to be okay with most so far. I need to order materials so if you're coming let me know. I will do it for ten people but would like to have at least five. It takes almost two weeks to get materials.

This course will be the NRA Basic Pistol Course. The NRA specifies that the course is ten hours long. (We'll work on that)

Out of respect for others here I won't post a price, you can email me for details. I've got a email box just for this purpose:

[email protected]

If it looks like this is a go, then I'll order materials.

So tentatively:
What: NRA Basic Pistol Course
Where: TBD
Cost: Email for details

All that's left to do is find a place to do this. Classroom or large family room I suppose, and a short range that can handle .22 pistols. If we can't find a place up North and you want to do this in Colorado Springs, I have a private range area, and may be able to provide lodging.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I can do the Oct. 2nd unless we start early enough that I can pick my daughter up for parenting time by 5:00PM or so.    (Seems doubtful given the length of the class, and the likely drive to and from Pawnee.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can do the Oct. 2nd unless we start early enough that I can pick my daughter up for parenting time by 5:00PM or so.    (Seems doubtful given the length of the class, and the likely drive to and from Pawnee.  

Shoot me an email at [email protected]

Options abound.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Crap, that was supposed to read that i CAN'T (cannot) do OCT 2 unless its early enough.

I'll e-mail for more info.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Crap, that was supposed to read that i CAN'T (cannot) do OCT 2 unless its early enough.

I'll e-mail for more info.

Yea, I thought maybe....[
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Okay if we're going to do this I need to know today or tomorrow at the latest so I can order materials. So

1) How many are in?

2) Do we have a place to have this yet?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Tom Peck- you're an AR shooter, too? Nick Jones
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Hi Nick,

Yes... but a new one.  Just bought a Colt 6450 9mm from Tom and Joe's, great price.  Planning on doing some 3 Gun after I learn all about the AR.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#19]
A 9...that would be good for a 3gun match at our range. If you shoot at Aurora or Boulder out to 200 it could be a challenge. Tom and Joes- I haven't been there for years. They're still by the Spyderco store?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#20]
T&J's at 12627 W32nd in Wheat Ridge.  You're right about the distance with a 9mm, but then that assumes that you can hit what you aim at...wanted to stick with the 9 since I reload and try to keep everything the same... also have the "unusual" Ruger Blackhawk convertible which shoots 9's.  My IPSC and IDPA gun is an H&K USP fullsize, I carry the compact version.  Once I learn "one" gun then I don't have to get retrained for something else.  Saves the few remaining brain cells I have left.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Okay if we're going to do this I need to know today or tomorrow at the latest so I can order materials. So

1) How many are in?

2) Do we have a place to have this yet?

Thanks

Hey Lancelot, did my wife check in with you?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes she did. We're gonna work it out.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Apparently nobody was able to find a place to hold this class. We can still do it if we find a place.

I'll see what I can do and hope for the best.

Thanks for all who showed interest!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top