Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 10:34:28 AM EDT
Anyone know who could get my AR10 muzzle brake off and thread the barrel for the Armalite flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I could probably get the brake off, but isn't doesn't threading require some sort of special equipment?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I took my ar barrel to Clay Kreider at Gunslinger's Emporium in Thornton.  He cuts the threads on the lathe so that they are positioned relative to the bore.  His number 303-429-3335.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Or, "Circuits" in Colorado Springs can do it for you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Or, "Circuits" in Colorado Springs can do it for you.

I just sent my AK....err...opps...Romy SAR1 to Circuts for reattachment of it's balls. He's been real friendly and helpful. I don't feel like I'm dealing with a complete stranger even though we've never met.

Circuits is a member here and has his own forum on the CO-AR15 boards.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]
He only lives about five minutes from me. He's done barrel changes for me, and is a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Hehehe....I almost came over to see you guys.

The troubles I had with UPS(sucks) and the prices FedEx was quoting I was thinking it would be cheaper for me to drive it over the hill.

UPS won't ship a gun from an individual unless it's going to the manufacturer. Not even to a licensed dealer or gunsmith.

FedEx has a company policy that all firearms go overnight. I was quoted $69 for delivery the next morning. There was a couple other prices and things but I was already envisioning a roadtrip this weekend. Got a price of $39 with next afternoon delivery and said okay.

This morn. when the driver showed up, no warehouse where I live so no customer service window - have to do driver pickup, she asked about what delivery I wanted. Couldn't remember what the gal on the phone said and said so but I knew it was $39. Driver calls her superviser and found an overnight w/afternoon delivery for $24+change.

BTW, the gal on the phone was real nice and helpful. I'll do more FedEx from now on.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
tag.  might need a bit of work done as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top