Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 10:12:15 AM EDT
An article I read says Kerry's team is going to stop running ads in colorado since Bush has the state locked up.

Hopefully Salazar will too. Has anyone seen a poll on Coors-Salazar yet?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool.

I'm worried about Salazar though.

I've heard several ads saying he's for this and that and the other thing - it all sounds good - and "is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment." Well his comments after what Coors was quoted as saying didn't sound too much like a "strong supporter."

But Coors' ads don't mention the Second Amendment at all. I worry too many people are going to be swayed by Salazar's little blurb.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The Denver Post specifically critisized Coors for being AGAINST the AWB.  He is also for the civilian ownership of machine guns.

That was good enough for me.  Coors gets my vote.  I might even buy a case or two.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
awww..... too bad.. we could use some of his money here in the state!

this really breaks my heart!
NOT  !!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
In a recent poll Salazar is ahead of Coors by about 12%. It looks to me that Coors is not very aggresive in advertising!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a link, but I think it was in the Denver Post on Sunday.

It does look bad for Coors right now, but the Repubs are good at dragging Dems down.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Ill tell everyone I know Coors has just got to win

Since I cant vote.  Yet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't tell me that Coors has gotten on the "President of Beers" bandwagon!

Just kiddin fellas!!!  I actually have heard that Pete is a BIGTIME pro 2A guy!

Hope he wins, for all of our sake.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the polls are showing them pretty close at this time. It comes down to one question for me, do we want a candidate with a silver spoon given to him or do we want someone who bootstraped his way from poverty? I thought so.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Salazar(D) vs Coors(R)
Salazar and Coors both handily won their primaries. Coors carries some baggage from being slashed by Schaffer for his views on lowering the drinking age, and a "would rather be soaking in a bathtub smoking a cigar," out of touchness. The latest Public Opinion Strategy poll, from mid-September, showed Salazar leading Coors by a 53-42 percent margin. Through July 21st, Salazar had raised nearly $3M, with nearly $1.7M cash on hand, distancing Coors, $2.6M ($850K). Salazar is slightly favored.

Link

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I think one could assume that is the way I am going to vote.

I do look at a persons history to predict what kind of reaction they will have. There is an old saying that I put a little stock into, "A lepoard can't change his spots". Experiences and how they affected a person do impact how they will live thier lives. If you went to bed hungry as a child, I think that would have a profound impact on what you value as you enter into adulthood.  And if you never went to bed hungry, one would never have the understanding of what it would be like. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey hey!  Some fellow Coloradoans!  Hows the weather and the shooting?  I'm out in the People's Republik of Kalifornian getting (re)educated. Who are you guys talking about in this thread anyways?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think the polls are showing them pretty close at this time. It comes down to one question for me, do we want a candidate with a silver spoon given to him or do we want someone who bootstraped his way from poverty? I thought so.

And which canidate would that be?

Bush? Nope! We all know the Bush family has money...

John FORBES Kerry? Nope! He was never close to poor, not even 'middle class'....

People who 'bootstrap themselves from poverty' haven't had a shot at the Presidency in a while...

Or are you talking about the CO Senate race?

In the case of the senate race, all that matters is one more guy to vote for cloture on judicial nominations. That means vote (R) for senate, regardless of who the (R) is...

Judges matter more than weather someone is conservative enough or not...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Bush does not have the state locked up. And neither do the republicans.

If you want to protect your gun rights, then you have no choice. Its Coors for Senate and Bush for President.

And control of the congress this time is as important as who sits in the oval office.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#20]
+1 Lancelot
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm voting for Coors.

KAC
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#23]

M4_Aiming_at_U How can you say that, Bush has waffled on topics. He is now coming out and saying that our invastion of Iraq was a missjudjment given the facts that they did not find any WMD and they have not gotten the support of the people. If that is not changing his mind I don't know what is.

After 9/11, we needed a bad guy to go after to get our revenge for the tradgedy. Bush went after the biggest target there was in Saddam, But as the saying goes, hindsight is 2020, there was not direct link between Sadam and Osama. Bush needed a target. I did not agree with the invation when it happend and still do not agree with it. I have a niece in Afganistan right now and I am very worried about her safety in a country that does not really want her there. She says that she is in a safe and secure area, but she is still in a war zone. This is one of the biggest issues I have with relecting a man who has now cost us over 1000 american soldiers for something now he is saying was a missjudgement.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I know there are people in this world that don't believe in fighting for what's right.  They only think about themselves and don't care about anyone else.  They will rationalize anything to vote themselves money from people they believe owe them something because they are a little better off, or were "born with a silver spoon."  That or they have relatives they are worried about and to hell with the rest of the world.  Which one are you winemaster?  Judging by your post I would say both.  You say you have a niece in Afghanistan that you are worried about.  Are you against that war also?  As far as Iraq goes, do you believe in returning fire if you are fired upon?  You realize our planes were fired on constantly by Saddam.  Saddam was paying families of suicide bombers that happened to kill Americans in Isreal.  I guess you never heard of the Achille Louro either right?  Those are more than enough reasons to give Saddam the boot.  That doesn't even count the horrible things he and his sons did to their own people.  I guess you would fit the description in my first sentence also.  I volunteered 3 times in the Army, and I will gladly volunteer to help anyone free themselves from oppression.  I only hope I can go to the Sudan next and free the Christians being enslaved and persecuted there.
I'm just glad the innocents of the world don't have to rely on people like you, and I hope for your sake you don't ever have to rely on someone else.  Oh, one more thing, compared to most of the world you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That was one thing you could say about Clinton, he became POTUS with two strikes against him.

In 2000 we had the choice of the son of a President and the son of a Senator.

In 2004 we have the choice between the son of a President and a male Gigolo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I am not a big fan of Bush or Coors, but Salazar will vote the Democratic line and Kerry still hasn't provved to me that he is serious about going after the terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
M4_Aiming_at_U How can you say that, Bush has waffled on topics. He is now coming out and saying that our invastion of Iraq was a missjudjment given the facts that they did not find any WMD and they have not gotten the support of the people. If that is not changing his mind I don't know what is. Bush has said no such thing

After 9/11, we needed a bad guy to go after to get our revenge for the tradgedy. Bush went after the biggest target there was in Saddam, But as the saying goes, hindsight is 2020, there was not direct link between Sadam and Osama. Bush needed a target. I did not agree with the invation when it happend and still do not agree with it. I have a niece in Afganistan right now and I am very worried about her safety in a country that does not really want her there. She says that she is in a safe and secure area, but she is still in a war zone. This is one of the biggest issues I have with relecting a man who has now cost us over 1000 american soldiers for something now he is saying was a missjudgement. Once again, I have no idea where you get your info... The mostive for Iraq was and is to set up a democratic regime in the middle east as an example to all, WMD was a cover story. Bush has not ONCE said that Iraq was a mistake, he has stood by his position from the get-go.

Kerry, on the other hand, has been on every concievable side of the issue

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top