Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 3:37:18 AM EDT
Copied from the colorado ar15 forum:

Its not so much what she says but that fact that she represents me. We really need to work our butts off to get her out when the time comes. I'll put forth all my spare time to get her out.

http://www.house.gov/degette/

September 13 - House Republicans are putting political calculation ahead of national security by refusing to even allow a vote to renew the Assault Weapons Ban, which expires on September 13. This law is a critical tool in keeping weapons like the AK-47 off the streets and out of the hands of violent criminals. I will continue to fight to protect our communities and have Congress vote and pass an extension of this law.

Diana

---------------------------------

I went to her  website and sent and email asking her to become more informed on the facts and to read the information at:  http://www.gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

got a note back saying:

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting my office.  Unfortunately, due to the large
volume of mail I receive, I am only able to respond to constituents of the
First Congressional District of Colorado.  Your comments have been noted
are appreciated.

Sincerely,
Diana DeGette
Member of Congress

--------------------

So I told her I'd make sure all my friends in the First Congressional District knew this, so here you go.  I'd suggest everyone in her district send her email asking her to get informed with facts before she posts trash on her website or speaks in public. I'd also suggest you not vote for her if she doesn't change her ways and in fact actively campaign against her...

Best Wishes,
KAC
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:11:42 AM EDT
[#1]
She represents the city and county of Devner among others. Pretty much the sheeple there will continue to support her.......

I know that the arfcom crowd in her district don't vote for her
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#2]
You have to love that even though the AWB will sunset, you will still not be able own/store at your house a AR if you live in the Denver city limits (pre or post ban).
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought we went over this already? SB25 nullifies all local restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought we went over this already? SB25 nullifies all local restrictions.

SB25 does nullify Denver's rules. But has Denver ever acknowledged that or not?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Denver have pledged to get their own AWB back. I think it is pretty silly for Denver to spend all that money fighting a legal battle they won't win when they have to furlough employees right now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
insidedenver.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3174072,00.html

Power struggle brewing on guns
Denver and state in tug of war over regulating weapons

By Kevin Vaughan And Todd Hartman, Rocky Mountain News
September 11, 2004

Monday's expiration of a federal ban on assault weapons will plunge Denver into uncharted territory, highlighting the city's court fight with the legislature on the question of who has the power to regulate guns.

At issue is whether the city can enforce its own assault weapons ban, which predated the federal law by five years, in the wake of state legislation passed in 2003 that, on its face, shot the Denver ordinance down.

Denver officials believe they can, and they have filed suit alleging that the state law violates the city's power to govern itself under the home-rule provisions of the Colorado Constitution.

So after the so-called Brady Law expires Monday, what happens to people found carrying weapons banned by Denver's law?

It depends, said Assistant City Attorney David Broadwell.

Police officers will be encouraged to issue a citation under state law if they can. Colorado law currently bans machine guns and silencers.

But will officers file charges if they encounter someone who is carrying one of the 33 weapons or other accessories - such as high-capacity magazines - banned by Denver's 1989 law?

"We may or may not - it's almost a situational thing," Broadwell said. "If we find an egregious enough violation, if we find somebody with a large number of high-capacity clips, which is one of the things the ordinance prohibits, we're going to cite them."

Tim Twining, chief deputy district attorney in Denver, said he expects a spike in the number of crimes committed with assault weapons.

But gun shop owners are less sure. Several said they have sensed only scattered interest in the end of the ban.

Scottie Jewell, owner of Scottie's Guns & Militaria in Denver, said customers already can legally buy high-capacity magazines manufactured before the ban because the industry, in anticipation of the ban, cranked out millions of them.

"I've got hundreds of them here, and I've had them," Jewell said. "The (ban) is all B.S."

Ray Emerson, a salesman at Dave's Guns in Arapahoe County, said he's received just a few calls about the availability of assault weapons or related accessories.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Colorado law currently bans machine guns and silencers.

Well now. This IS news. When did this happen?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
if we find somebody with a large number of high-capacity clips, which is one of the things the ordinance

Luckily all my clips are five(M1A .308) and ten(AR .223) round.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

No doubt.  I guess I better hide the 8 I have.  What a bunch frikkin idiots.  Left wing politicians spew crap and left wing media types soak it up and regurgitate it to the masses.  Karl.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Always has said that. But ----What it says is, that you can't own an illegal one. You can still buy and sell everything legally on the porper forms etc. So you can't own illegal ones. You can own legal ones.

There are exceptions where the CLEO won't sign off. Like Denver County and Douglas County. But even then private coporations can still buy and sell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Lancelot.

That explains the question I asked in the Legisative forum on the CO-AR15 site.

Some moron on the radio this morning said a law was passed a couple years ago outlawing them.

Add that to this thread I really thought maybe I DID miss something.

Kinda' thought it wasn't right. But I had a doubt.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea well, remember the order of the day is to stir up hysteria and misinformation. Bunch of sore losers. They got their way for ten years, no its our turn.

But never again.

Colorado site? There's a Colorado site? When did that happen???
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if we find somebody with a large number of high-capacity clips, which is one of the things the ordinance

Luckily all my clips are five and ten round.

The only clips I owned were 8 rounders for the Garand. All my magazines are evil. And a lot more are inbound now. But I'll try and keep the clips down to a minimum.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#14]
My biggest wish would be for John elway to move back to Denver and run against DeGette.

My second biggest wish would be for the Boulder Democratic district to be broken up in 2010.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top