Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 12:13:49 PM EDT
I would like to find a nice, professional range where I could shoot on weekends.  I've tried two differant ones and have been VERY disapointed!  I want to find one in the Brighton/Fort Lupton area.  The first one I tried was up on HWY 85, I dont remember the name but all it was was an open field of some guys property and I got the feeling the guy was one of those Anti-government types.  Scary!  The other one I tried was some so called hunters assoc. out east on Bromely Lane, it was a crappy range, once again just in a middle of a framers field and the guy running it was VERY SCARRY (a hillbilly like from "Deliverance").

Any advice in helping me find a nice, professional, and resonable costing range would be appreciated!

THANKS!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Erie has a nice one, but think there's like a 3 year wait list..

Can't remember the name of it... It's right off the Erie exit from I-25, go west & you'll run into it. (it'll be on the left side from there) Right next to a new housing development, so might not be around long either....

I say we all pitch in & get our own range going!

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The Erie range is very nice, but like you said there is a three year waiting list.  I sighted in my hunting rifle last season there and one of the range officers was telling me they were getting complaints from the new home owners already.  I dont know what has developed since then.

For a State that claims to be outdoor friendy there is too few good ranges!  Too many tree hugers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I figured that was soon to come.. I like how these jackasses move in next to a range, then bitch about the noise.. WTF??

Yeah, way too many treehuggers.. they all migrated from Boulder...
Sucks huh?

I don't bother with a range often, unless I'm doing pistol league. I usually go to Pawnee even though it's pretty far for me, I don't have to deal with idiots, etc.. And if some moron has no concept of safety, I just move elsewhere..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top