Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 9:45:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What is not stated specifically in the law is not therefore disallowed. You can open carry because no law says you CAN'T.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What is not stated specifically in the law is not therefore disallowed. You can open carry because no law says you CAN'T.

Zactly
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you have a concealed carry permit!

I would like someone to explain that to me.

Some cities have laws against it, but I don't know if those were stripped when the Boulder and Denver bans were defeated.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
You can open Carry!

But there are alot of parks and stuff that are posted no open carry.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
What about open carry inside a vehicle?

How about loaded weapons inside a vehicle?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What about open carry inside a vehicle?

How about loaded weapons inside a vehicle?

Open carry is legal unless posted as such.  Will you attract the attention of the cops in Denver if you do so?  Yup.  Most open carry here is done in the mountains or out in the sticks.

loaded handguns concealed or open are legal.
rifles in vehicles, snowmobiles and ATVs must be unchambered and on sleds and ATVs must be in a hard case.  Full mags are fine, just no round in the chamber for rifles.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
We have it VERY good here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The only trick is trying to find a good place to shoot in the Denver area, there is nothing that is cheap right now. By my house there is only the Cherry Creek Family Shooting Center. It costs $7 just to drive into the state park then another $12 or so to shoot. I don't know about you guys, but that's a lot of $$$$ just to shoot a few.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]
The National Forest is your free playground. Go anywhere you want.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
come join us over at Colorado AR-15 Shooters!

we have monthly get togethers/shoots (FREE).  

don't be shy to come on over and log in (FREE)

you do not have to own a firearm to join and come out (but it helps)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you gone out on the Grasslands at night yet? If not hustle your butt out there this weekend or sooner. Spend the night.

Nothing compares to a clear, still night and sunrise on the prairies. Trust me. I miss iit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry M4, can't help you with campgrounds. Surely there's some there though. I live on the western slope now but grew up in south west Nebr. and did a whole lot of camping in my younger days.

Generally, fireworks are legal only for a few days prior and including the 4th of July. Though sometimes they go off for New Year's or other special occaisions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey, I've been shooting my (new) AR at the Cherry Creek Range a few times and it's good. You do have to have a parks pass or pay to get in since it's inside Cherry Creek State Park. The (new) owners are great and seem to have things well organized and have lots of plans for the place. You can buy a "flight" card to get a bit of a discount (essentally a punch card for sessions). I think you get 9 for price of 8 or something like that. They are currently operating out of a trailer, but are working on getting an actually office building set  up. They have about 8 100 yrd and 5 50 yrd rifle lanes and about 10 (fixed distance) pistol lanes (they say they're working on getting rails/cables put in for the pistol lanes).

Yeah, it cost to shoot there, but da*n it's convenient!  (like 5 mins from my house)

KAC
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Last time I was at Cherry Creek was in April, took my now-ex girlfriend. Has the location actually changed now? When I was there they were going to close for sure, but apparently they haven't...what's the story on all this?

Brian
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#17]
welcome aboard

cherry creek is open again, more info on the colorado page linked above.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#18]
See:
http://www.familyshootingcenter.com/

KAC

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top