Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 8:28:26 PM EDT
I occasionally poke around the MSN Colorado AR15 site. It looks to be gaining features and members. But ARFCOM is immensely more popular, and the new Hometown feature is a great addition. For those of you who use Colorado AR15, which site do you think you will use most to communicate with your fellow Coloradans?
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I think the flurry of activity in this thread answers the question.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Daddy-O,

I saw this thread earlier, but I didn't answer since I rarely post over at Lancelot's site.  
Everytime I go over there, it seems to be growing, which is great.  

Will the CO AR-15 site lose "business" because of this new forum?  I doubt it.  He has a great thing going over there, and it's obvious he has spent a great deal of time on it.  But since I spend most of my online time right here at AR15.com, I don't think my posting habits will change much over there.

So to sum up, I didn't respond to your post because I don't use Lancelot's site much anyway.

There is more than enough room in the world for both sites.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I got hooked on ARFCOM before I knew about Colorado AR15. From what I've seen it seems like a great place for a local group of guys to schedule shoots. But I still find myself here most often.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There is more than enough room in the world for both sites.

I completely agree.  Hopefully we can be mutually beneficial.  I think regardless where good information is shared and exchanged it is positive for the gun community as a whole.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I frequent both, AR15.com the most, but I go to other sites as well. The guy's at co-ar15.com are great. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting the guy's over there, stop by!

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Since you were talking about me and or my site, I thought I'd chime in.

When I started the Colorado site, this feature didn't exist. Hence the desire a lot of folks had to start their own local sites. I have always been a fan of this site, and will continue to be so. (note that I am a paying member here)

If you read the welcome message on the Colorado "home page" you'll see that I never intended to compete with this site or any other. The idea was to give local guys a chance to get together. Based on the number of shoots we've had so far, that appears to be working.

I don't know what will happen to the Colorado Site. It may die, it may take off. I just don't know. I do know that I've worked pretty hard on it, and would like it to be better. It NEEDS to get off of MSN and onto its own site where the boards can be better, more content can be added and the site can be more user friendly.

People will vote with their posts. If nobody uses my site it will die like a lot of others. If they use it, it will survive. Its not me and my effort that makes a great web site, its the participation of the members. That's what really makes this site great.

Some may not like me, and some may not like my site, that's why its great to have a choice. Whichever board you choose I hope we can be friends and continue to enjoy our sport together.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Lancelot,

Glad to see you here.
I doubt very much that folks will stop using your site.  It seems like every time I go over there, it has grown and new things have been added.

I going to try and get over there more often than I have in the past.  I might even contribute something useful from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I like both.  I don't post a lot at either one, but I read them both every day.

Good work Lancelot!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone care to post a link?  Didn't know the site was there.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks JT...beat me to it!

And out of fairness, I posted a link on my front page, pointing people here. Hope it helps.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top