Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2004 4:55:44 PM EDT
This is great - Search is down, so I get to ask all the dumb questions I've asked before without too much abuse.

Are there any class 3 dealers in the Longmont/Boulder area that actually have some "try before you buy" stock? I know there's a dealer in Longmont but they've got a great "we don't have any toys to play with so piss off" sign on the door and I'd feel a whole lot better about dropping that kind of coin if I knew exactly what I was getting for it.

So... anything in the general area?
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What dealer is that?  what kind of sign do they have?

I'd be interested as well.  I'm just about ready to get into some C3 stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the shop or the street. It's "Sun-" something (set? rise? shine?) and it's just about a block or two south of Ken Pratt Blvd. The sign isn't literally "piss off" but that's the basic gist (and I don't blame them).

Assuming we don't get the End of the World snowstorm the weather guys are all worked up about, I'll check it out again tomorrow and post or IM the details over the weekend. Wish they had some permanent stock....
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Jtw2: Stopped by the place today. It's Rocky Mountain Arms Inc on Sunset Place (just across Ken Pratt off of Sunset) and I spent some time chatting with the guy that was working there. Now I'm bringing my Buckmark in to get it threaded for a can.

Forgot to make verbatim notes on the sign but it basically warned that they don't have a showcase, there aren't any guns there "to look at", et cetera. You have to ring the bell to get let in. Basically, don't waste your time and theirs if you aren't serious about contracting work or, in my case, getting educated (and then contracting work).

I don't know how long it'll be to scrape up the cash, get the necessary approvals, et cetera but I'd be happy to keep you up on the quality of service (seems like a really good guy so far) and the suppressor once I get things rolling.
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Attend your local shoot  www.rmfcsa.org  If you can't find/shoot something you like there, then you'r not really shopping in the first place, which is exactly the type of person they are trying to keep out, the shop time waster.

The other option would be to contact them and say you want to buy something but do not know what, Offer $500 for thier time and ammo to shoot a few examples of thier guns.  They are there to do business, not to have people wear the finish off thier guns with handling.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]
We are a C3 dealer in the mtns. between Idaho Springs and Georgetown.  We can get what you are looking for and you can rent any of the weapons we have the RMFCSA shoot that David was mentioning.  You will find us under the machineguntours.com banner.  If you come to our booth ask for Alan and remind of your post here.

alan
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Well this is pretty classic. My frail, formerly-anti, 77-year-old mom is flying out to visit this Thursday and is staying until the 16th. I jokingly mentioned this shoot... and she said, "That sounds like fun. Can we go?"

Holy crap!

She's complained about some of my handguns being too heavy for her to hold up and I don't even want to imagine how she'd handle recoil on most things. Does anyone know if anyone will have any mounted guns for spectators to take a run at?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the perfect gun for her.  I'll have a 4inch M-16 with Ciener 22LR kit and Suppressor.  Quiet and no recoil with rimfire.

see you there,
alan
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I'm not too happy. Mom just called and has to postpone her trip - some (hopefully minor!) health stuff came up. On the bright side, the wife and I will still make it down at least for the 15th.

Alan, thanks. I'll probably be in touch directly about some rentals once "family visiting season" opens. As customers, that is. Didn't sound right talking about open season on family and full-auto and silencers....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top