Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 12:00:10 PM EDT
I dont know about the eastern side of the state but the Moths here are INSANE!  I started my car this morning and HUNDREDS if not thousands of moths flew out of my engine comartment, wheelwells, behind my mirrors, the whole town is absolutly filled with moths, millions of them!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear they are on a list of candidates to become the new state bird. They certainly are numerous this year.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh yes the little fuzzy brain chiggers are at it again.

Just think of all the moth shit floating in the air this time of year.

KC
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
They are bad over here as well.  When I go into the garage at night there are always 20-30 flying around in there.  Hell, the place is sealed real well also.

Darn things.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The ultimate indoor moth killing device is none other than a can of "Dust off". Do make sure to insert the straw to control where the fluid goes.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The ultimate indoor moth killing device is none other than a can of "Dust off". Do make sure to insert the straw to control where the fluid goes.

Take a small lamp and put it next to the wall. Then put a small box fan if front of it blowing toward the wall.

If you turn every light in the house off (except the lamp!) and go out for dinner and a movie, the house will be purged of moths by the time you get back.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a bucket and fill it with a strong solution of soapy water, place this bucket under an outside light before night fall. Be prepared to scoop out dead Miller Moths today for tomorrow’s harvest!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Its easier then that. Its called a dust buster, shop vac, or your old trusty hoover. Just put on the hose and suck the little devils right up. They can't outfly the suction and they are dead and buried all at once.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Get a case of yellow light bulbs and 1000 rounds of Lake City .223.  Then sit up all night in your garage with an AR and a 6-pack.  Change bulbs as necessary.  Be sure to remove any working bulb when law enforcement shows up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:38:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its easier then that. Its called a dust buster, shop vac, or your old trusty hoover. Just put on the hose and suck the little devils right up. They can't outfly the suction and they are dead and buried all at once.

Yes! This is my chosen method too. The kids have fun with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top