Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 6:37:49 PM EDT
for the new CCW permits??

As in, I have a hunter's saftey card, but I would be surprised if that were good enough.

I did a search and didn't see anything and I really haven't seen a list of acceptable courses anywhere, yet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state are you in? I occasionaly hear about courses being offered. Let me know and I'll send you what I know.

My understanding is that the "old" hunter safety may or may not work as it does not cover handguns. The "new" hunter safety course is supposed to and will count. (If and when DOW updates the curriculum.)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Garfield County.

Although I still have my original Nebraska Hunter Saftey card as well, circa 1972-74. Actually, that's the only course I took. I misplaced the card after I moved to Co. and Co. reissued me my current card. I don't recall any handgun stuff way back when.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I took the NRA Basic Handgun course. I hear this can cost from $100 to $200 depending. It is a 12 hour course and you get to shoot. I would recommend it.
I just qualified and picked up my applications today from JeffCo. My permit will only be three months away.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Fruit_of_the_Looms:

A place over here called Action Pistol Group has Concealed Carry classes, it is $55. for a 3 day class (970)858-3641.

They only offer them one time a month.  I dont remember the exact dates but it is around the 19th-22nd of each month. I will be out of town for the June class but I am planning on attending the July one.

I have my hunters saftey card as well but apparently that wont work.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
That's great news. Thanks MAHABALI!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top