Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 11:57:24 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a decent Cellphone service for the metro denver area?

I'm tired of qwest's BS. and prefer not to give them any more business if I can..

things I'm looking for:

voicemail
caller ID
"local" coverage from at least the Springs up to Ft.Collins. if possible. (ie: as little 'roaming' area as possible)

my last phone was provided by work and cost was not the issue.... (they took that away from me on my last day too)

so, lay upon me your recommendations...and who to stay away from too!

thanks again guys
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if you were here in the Springs I would say AT&T. The only service I could get down here that was reliable. Price is all about the same these days.

Look for local deals to be better then those on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a phone as part of a Verizon family plan, which is about $80/month.. Basically, national roaming free of charge (nice for going to Springs and school in Boulder), no extra charge for long distance, a voicemail box for every phone, numeric caller ID, and very inexpensive text messaging. If your family already has cellphones, this isn't a bad way to go.. Verizon seems to be decent, if you ignore their irritating commercials.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've got a phone as part of a Verizon family plan, which is about $80/month.. Basically, national roaming free of charge (nice for going to Springs and school in Boulder), no extra charge for long distance, a voicemail box for every phone, numeric caller ID, and very inexpensive text messaging. If your family already has cellphones, this isn't a bad way to go.. Verizon seems to be decent, if you ignore their irritating commercials.

What he said. Sounds like the exact same plan except that there text message thing. Dont have that or maybe I do and dont know how to use it. Who knows....

KC

Edited to add: Verizon has excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Have ya thought about criKet?

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have At&t, and have had no problems with it.  My phone is GSM though so I do and dont get service in strange places.

Edited to ask: Where is your snowman?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Edited to ask: Where is your snowman?

he's over at pre-ban

thanks guys.. I have selected my service.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
So what did ya decide?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with t-mobile.

anywhere nation wide, no roaming, no long distance.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I hear they are one of the cheaper ones too. Hope they work good for you.

KC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top