Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2022 9:30:25 PM EDT
Never been there, just a long for the ride on a 5 day trip for a bud's bachelor party the beginning of October.

I'd like to take a day to go fishing and catch some fish or crab for dinner if there is a place I could do that.

Not really into the night club life
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Have lunch at the Space Needle.

Tour the Boeing Factory in Everett.

The Museum of Flight is in Seattle near the airport.

Mount Rainier National Park is not too far.

Olympic and North Cascades National Parks are within 3 hours more or less.

Someone else will have to help with fishing ideas.

Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Seattle is pretty lame as far as cities go. The Space Needle is kinda cool. The aquarium sucks unless you've never been to a good one before, in that case it's ok. Pike place is a fish mart with a lot of touristy gift shops and a fish market that throws fish around. Yeah, that's their big attraction.
There are a couple cool stores if you like oddball stuff. One is a gift shop near the water and Archie McPhee is another.

The Museum of Flight is in the very southern edge of Seattle, near Boeing Field.  The Seattle Museum of Pop Culture isn't bad if it's something you're into, look it up.

Mt. Rainier is a couple hours away, Mt. St. Helens a couple more.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
There’s all kinds of fishing you can do, depends on what you want. You can also hire guides or charters.

Maybe this link will help: https://explorewashingtonstate.com/fishing-in-washington-state/
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Never been there, just a long for the ride on a 5 day trip for a bud's bachelor party the beginning of October.

I'd like to take a day to go fishing and catch some fish or crab for dinner if there is a place I could do that.

Not really into the night club life
View Quote

Seattle is kind of meh.  Museum of flight is decent.  Pike's place is expensive and touristy.  Space needle is ok I guess.  Pioneer square is full of beggars and smells like urine.  You'll see the homeless and junkies if you are going to be walking around just about anywhere downtown.  It can get sketchy at night.  The light rail isn't as bad as the Bart in San Francisco, but its not great either.  

There are some good restaurants if that's your thing.  Check out the review websites and pick a good one.  

Best part of the Western Washington isn't Seattle.  Its the outdoors stuff.  Mount Rainier is cool and the Olympics is awesome.  I've lived near Seattle for many years now and I don't go there unless its a medical appointment or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top