Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2022 3:50:06 AM EDT

AND SO IT BEGINS!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Just read an article this morning about New York's strategy to just ignore SCOTUS.  It seems no matter how many lawsuits they lose NY is confident that nothing will change.  I can't figure out how anything SCOTUS decides is enforced.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm more concerned about here than over NY, though I'm glad something is happen for them though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm more concerned about here than over NY....
View Quote

So am I. However if the dominos start to fall elsewhere? Thats a VERY good sign they will fall here too.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Was really hoping for a remand order today from SCOTUS.  May tomorrow
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just read an article this morning about New York's strategy to just ignore SCOTUS.  It seems no matter how many lawsuits they lose NY is confident that nothing will change.  I can't figure out how anything SCOTUS decides is enforced.
View Quote

At that point,  we are a nation openly operating without law, at least in New York, anyways?
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sue the fuck out of them for violating your Civil Rights.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

At that point,  we are a nation openly operating without law, at least in New York, anyways?
View Quote

Not exactly, they'll operate under and with the laws that suit them.  Joe Blow in NY can't get a permit because NY drags its feet decides to carry and NY will prosecute with the laws they choose to enforce.  The DOJ needs to be administered by SCOTUS opposed to the Executive branch.  It would probably still be a political arm but hopefully, less so.   For those not concerned because it's NY and not here don't realize that NY is drawing the blueprint for other states that don't want to conform.  Sue the state?  99.99% of the state's citizens don't have the resources that it would take, 100% wouldn't have the resources if forced to fight off an additional arrest charge stemming from an unconstitutional law, state or federal.  I'm hoping I'm talking out my ass and have no idea what's going to happen but the speed in which these plans on how to oppose SCOTUS is alarming.  The ink on the Roe and Bruen opinions wasn't even dry and both had plans in the national media on how to circumvent.  We need some form of Jane's revenge but that'll never happen because we abide by the law, the law that's stacked against us.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Duncan v Bonta , CA mag ban, was remanded in light of nysrpa v bruen.  

I wish I could see sideshow Bob's reaction.  Here's to hoping the 9th gets it right this time
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Duncan v Bonta , CA mag ban, was remanded in light of nysrpa v bruen.  

I wish I could see sideshow Bob's reaction.  Here's to hoping the 9th gets it right this time
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top