Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2022 3:28:42 PM EDT
BELLEVUE, WA – Thursday’s landmark Supreme Court ruling affirming the Second Amendment right to bear arms outside the home bolsters gun rights cases filed by the Second Amendment Foundation against Washington statutes that discriminate against the rights of young adults and place arbitrary limits on magazine capacity.

“The high court ruling gives further direction to lower federal courts on how they must interpret the Second Amendment,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “This is the third consecutive Supreme Court victory for the right to keep and bear arms since the 2008 Heller ruling, followed by SAF’s win in the 2010 McDonald case, which incorporated the Second Amendment to the states via the 14th Amendment. That decision paved the way for legal challenges to state laws including New York’s egregious and arbitrary carry permit requirement that was firmly crushed.

“Our legal experts are currently reviewing our other past lawsuits to determine whether Thursday’s ruling will provide grounds to refile those cases,” he added. “But for our immediate cases challenging the ban on modern semi-auto firearms purchases for 18-20-year-olds, and the recently-adopted ban on standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, the ruling sends a strong signal to politicians and lower court judges that the day of trampling on the Second Amendment has come to an end.

“It should be noted for the record,” Gottlieb observed, “that Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson joined an amicus brief opposing the New York lawsuit while SAF filed a brief supporting the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association’s case. Not only was Ferguson on the losing side, we were on the winning side.

“It’s a dark day,” he added, “for anti-gun-rights Democrats like Ferguson, who don’t believe people should have a right to own a firearm to defend themselves against violent criminals. But as Justice Thomas wrote in his majority opinion, ‘The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not ‘a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.’ I think that’s something far too many people like Ferguson don’t care to admit. Now they will have to.”

Still not sure if its too soon to get excited about this, but Im a bit more hopeful right now.

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some hope we will beat this down and all the thousands I spent on mags didn’t matter. No ragerts. I can damn near do the Scrooge McDuck dive into magazines.

The Supreme Court ruling had some gems in it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have some hope we will beat this down and all the thousands I spent on mags didn’t matter. No ragerts. I can damn near do the Scrooge McDuck dive into magazines.

The Supreme Court ruling had some gems in it.
View Quote

Lol, I just told my wife the same thing 5min ago.

I'd sell off 87% of them if this gets smacked down at the state and fed level.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Even though Alito's concurring opinion comments on the fact that states should heed the Court's opinion I can still see states such as New York dragging their feet when someone applies for a license.  When I lived in New York it would take up to 18 months just to get the license or permit that allowed possession.  It was ridiculous.  I'd bet that even though they may have to become shall instead of may carry, the scum will still make it as difficult as possible.  After all, how does the Court enforce it's own decisions?  That's the lefty way, discretional prosecution.  We still need further opinions to put the gun grabbers back in the box, right now they're in the corner.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
But but but…according to FBF, everything he pushes for stands up to constitutional scrutiny!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
While it's going to take some time, I have no do doubt that the magazine ban will get tossed out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While it's going to take some time, I have no do doubt that the magazine ban will get tossed out.
View Quote
The wheels of justice grind slowly...
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Continue the good fight.. though it will be slow.

I don't see how the current ruling in the Supreme Court will effect WA court decisions dealing with the magazine ban.
At least the Supreme court ruling will allow us to keep our right to carry and protect ourselves.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't see how the current ruling in the Supreme Court will effect WA court decisions dealing with the magazine ban.
View Quote

He seems to think it may

HUGE UPDATE: A Great Day for the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I really hope so.
The real change we need is the legal removal of the idiots in power and have someone who can truly lead.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But but but…according to FBF, everything he pushes for stands up to constitutional scrutiny!!!
View Quote

That fucker has not released at statement on the ruling yet, unlike Jay
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Is Turd Ferguson on suicide watch?  Cause if he blows his brains out, I'd really like to have it on tape.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is Turd Ferguson on suicide watch?  Cause if he blows his brains out, I'd really like to have it on tape.
View Quote
At a minimum he's got to be pissed, and that makes me very. Very. Very. Happy.

Course I'll settle for your scenario

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Bobby checkin out??
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#15]
This is another good explanation why this decision is so important

The Pending Tidal Wave About to Crash Down on Gun Control
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol, I just told my wife the same thing 5min ago.

I'd sell off 87% of them if this gets smacked down at the state and fed level.
View Quote

I won’t be selling nada. I like having my magazine fortress.

Heck. I’ll fucking buy more.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Bob ferguson should do the honorable thing and go full Budd Dwyer
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#18]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AGOWA/status/1540099445269729280?t=pCHq8na4pvkhX5Fiu9_LsA&s=19[/tweet]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seppuku is also an option.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AGOWA/status/1540099445269729280?t=pCHq8na4pvkhX5Fiu9_LsA&s=19[/tweet]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Damage control. He sees the writing on the wall.

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Fucking clown.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#23]

"Legal precedent". So then, Jim Crow, 3/5ths compromise, seperate-but-equal, etc, etc ad nausem should never have been overturned because "judicial precedent/stare decesis" above all else. Equal parts disingenuous & stupid.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would gladly stand in to be his second. Though, I might whatch for a bit.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Greetings from the east coast.

The gem in the SCOTUS ruling was "strict scrutiny".  This means there is no intermediate scrutiny and two-step bs when it comes to 2A cases going forward.  Your mag ban in WA will be tossed out.  And for us in CT both "AW" and mag bans will be tossed out as well.  The tables have turned at last.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The gem in the SCOTUS ruling was "strict scrutiny".  This means there is no intermediate scrutiny and two-step bs when it comes to 2A cases going forward.  Your mag ban in WA will be tossed out.  And for us in CT both "AW" and mag bans will be tossed out as well.  The tables have turned at last.
View Quote

@ctgunner I believe the standard is text and history,  a bit higher than strict scrutiny
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@ctgunner I believe the standard is text and history,  a bit higher than strict scrutiny
View Quote

great news either way!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is there an active court case in Washington opposing the mag ban?  And if there is why haven't we seen a motion to delay this stupid ass law in light of the recent Supreme Court ruling?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is there an active court case in Washington opposing the mag ban?  And if there is why haven't we seen a motion to delay this stupid ass law in light of the recent Supreme Court ruling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/sullivan
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/sullivan
Thanks.

Looks like 2 defendants are saying nuh uhhh you can't sue us because the law isn't in effect yet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:49:36 PM EDT
[#31]
What the Supreme Court Just Did to Gun Control Today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top