Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2022 10:30:19 PM EDT
Anyone out in Eastern Washington shoot at the Rock Lake Rifle Range?

How is it for shooting by non members?

My family's old farm was about 10 min from it. I spent a lot of time around Rock Lake as a child. I miss that area a lot. I spent my time there riding my bike and walking the hills with my Marlin 60, shooting dirt clods and cans all day, not a house or soul in sight. Complete freedom.

I've thought about making a weekend of visiting some relatives there and spending a day or two at the range.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I grew up exploring out there and still live close by but have never shot at the range. I have a buddy on the west side looking to maybe come out and shoot there for a weekend so hopefully soon
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Would love to hear back about how it is
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
According to their website, they are members only.

Link
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Where exactly is it?

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to their website, they are members only.

Link
View Quote

I guess I could have found that out in 10 seconds myself lol

I'd become a member for a  month but apparently I have to purchase a full year's membership?

I guess I won't be going.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, members only. You can do a monthly membership, but it is still an annual contract. The annual membership is absolutely worth it, Doug is a great guy and the range is spectacular for what it offers for Eastern WA and Northern ID. I think it would be worth a 3-4 hour drive, but 30 minutes or less, it is unquestionably worth it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
"Defiance Long Range:?? ?We have a 75ft X 14ft covered building with bench or prone shooting.  This area has steel starting at 250 yards out to 1395yds. There are 45 plus targets to shoot at consisting of IPSC's 45%, 66%, 100%, Poppers, circles, diamonds and animals??. RLRR provides plenty of barricade and un-natural terrain training for all types of shooting  ??

??EAST AND CENTER PISTOL BAYS:?  We have carved some dirt to provide 7 pistol bays and 5 of those are supported by Seekins Precision to provide you with an area for 3-gun type events and to further enhance your close distance weapon skills. The East 3 bays are all connected and have L shaped center berms, they progress from 25 yards to 50 yards. The 2 Center bays double as the 100 yard sight in area with 2 8X16 covered buildings. These are 2 very large bays to be used for all types of training.

?WEST PISTOL BAYS:? This is 2 bays connected right next to Long Range B, pistol bays  are 35 yards long by 15 yards wide and will allow shooting from close quarters and allowing transitioning to long range."

Okay I'm jealous. Sounds amazing for $240 a year

Their single monthly is the same price as a 1 day range session for all of the ranges near me, and none of them remotely compare to that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#8]
My buddies and I frequent RLRR, and it's an amazing facility. And no you don't have to be a member, but you need to be accompanied by one and pay $20 for the day.

It's absolutely worth the $240/yr if you can swing it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a 6 hour drive for me. If we still owned my family's old farm outside of St John it would be a 30 minute drive... Lol

Maybe I will consider it if I can make it over every few months. That kind of shooting is worth a couple days stay for me. There is no range like it in western WA. Heck I could probably camp out at Rock Lake.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Theres also an IPSC target at 1674 yards and a large square steel target at a mile in the "Long Range B", but if I remember correctly, my LRF ranged it at 1728 yards.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I've shot 2 PRS matches there... the range is downright amazing for longrange shooting. At one of the spots, you've got almost 180 degrees of targets.

I didnt go down into the bays, but im sure they'd be adequate for most of the practice you'd do with a handgun and would suffice for short range rifle work as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top