Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2022 7:06:45 AM EDT
I need some input as it has been a very long time since I had to send a pistol in for any work.  I want to send a pistol in to have Bar-Sto install a new barrel.  I decided to have them fit the new barrel rather than buying a "drop in" barrel.  

I have been the pistol's owner since filling out the 4473 a long time ago.  I know I have to use an FFL to ship the pistol to Bar-Sto, but can Bar-Sto send the pistol directly back to me, or will I need to fill out another 4473 sometime during the process of shipping/receiving the pistol?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Right or wrong *my friend* has sent multiple guns in for work. Always just follow the directions by the one doing the job but shipping through UPS declaring the contents as machining parts has always been trouble free. The company then ships it back with a receiving signature required and you’re good to go. No ffls or 4473s necessary.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...Bar-Sto asks me to send it from a FFL, so I'll have to follow their directions.  

On return so they don't just leave it on the porch even though it says signature required,. Would it be reasonable to ask that it be held at the UPS hub, or is that fraught with problems?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
if you send it through a ffl they have to send it back to the same ffl and than you have to do a ffl transfer back to you

unless you ship it directly you have to do a bg check to get it back

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top