Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2021 8:24:22 PM EDT
I needed to be in Tacoma today, and since I have a new Kimber K6S in timeout at the Ft Lewis BX, I'm on the lookout for .38Special & .357Mag ammo, as well as reloading for the same.

First stop was Bass Pro Shop there along I5.  I got no grief for being maskless.  The shelves were almost completely bare, but there was about a dozen 50 round boxes of.40 S&W range ammo there.  I bought two at $20 each.  I also picked up a box of Berry's 158gr bullets.

From there I drove downtown and stopped at Bullseye- not much happening there.  They have a lot of small boxes of reloading bullets, mostly rifle and .45acp.  They had a lot of 800x powder.  There was some ammo on the shelves but nothing I needed so I didn't make a note of what they did have.

Next stop was Surplus Arms & Ammo up the road.  Surprisingly they seemed to have a fair amount of ammo on their shelves.  I had to squint to see the price...  $89 for a box of 50 357mag?  The man behind the counter shouted it was actually $100 for the box.  I'm not sure if they're price gouging or believe they can sell more guns if there's ammo on the shelf.  Either way, even though I've been a customer from way back when they were down by McChord, I'll never walk back in that place.  

Coming back to Kitsap I stopped at Sportsman's.  There was 8-10 boxes of 40S&W on the shelf, and a few singles of other calibers I don't remember.  They have a pretty good selection of bullets, and I picked up some 125gr Berry's bullets for the 38/357 reloading.  

So everywhere was about what I was expecting, except Surplus Arms which was absurd with their $2 a round for practice ammo.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Surplus ammo sucks a big ol fatty
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I notice you never once mentioned primers.

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a partially used box of 43 rounds of Winchester 357 soft points id be willing to let go of for $50 I'm in east Bremerton.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I notice you never once mentioned primers.

View Quote

I did not see any primers anywhere, but I also wasn't looking for them either.  

I have a .357 coming and zero ammo in that caliber, and only about 100 rounds of .38 special.  I have primers and powder, just needed the rest.  I have dies inbound, got the bullets yesterday, now just need some cases.

If anyone reloads .357 sig, Sportsman's in Silverdale has a dozen bags or so of new brass.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Sportsman's in Silverdale has a few boxes of ammo today, several boxed of 9mm and 40s&w.  I was looking for 38/357 and they had one 20 round box of something called Grizzly for $50.  Left it.  I can do better having it shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top