Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2021 10:38:38 PM EDT
Good evening WAHTF!

The Senate has adjourned for today.  There is less than two weeks left of regular session!  It has been two weeks since the House passed ESSB 5038 (aka: the "Open Carry Ban") with their amendments and so far, the Senate has NOT held a concurrence vote!

REMEMBER:  One of the key amendments that the House made to ESSB 5038 was to add an emergency clause that Representative Drew Hanson (D-23rd District) added supposedly at the request of the Washington State Patrol - which turned out to be FALSE (read: a lie).

From the WSP:  "The WSP did not ask the legislature to add an emergency clause to SB 5038. The WSP received several inquiries regarding the amendment after March 28 floor action when a statement was made that WSP had requested it. WSP spoke with legislative personnel involved and re-iterated that the WSP did not make, and was not planning to make, any such request. WSP does not know the origin of how this evolved into the amendment that was voiced, but we do know that it was not at the request of our agency,” said Captain Neil Weaver, in an email to the Wire.

Link to source article

I say it is time once again to write our Senators (and Senate majority leader Andy Billig [email protected]) and tell them (politely yet firmly) to not hold a concurrence vote on a bill that was amended under totally false pretenses (on top of being a violation of a number of our rights).

You can go to this link and use the green "comment on this bill" button, complete a bit of information and the website will automatically add your Senator.  Be as brief or elaborate as you feel (yet stay respectful) but do take action.  Remember:  NO ACTION IS TOO SMALL!!!

I can't think of a single Senate Republican that is anti-gun, so below is a list of Senate Democrats if you feel like writing them even if they are not in your district:

[email protected]; Senate majority leader and ultimately will decide if ESSB 5038 receives a concurrence vote or not.
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected]; LONG history of being pro-gun
T'[email protected];

I'll come back and add my letter for y'all to plagiarize after I write/send it.  I wanted to get this posted a.s.a.p.

THANKS WAHTF!!! KEEP KICKIN' @$$
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My letter to Senate Majority Leader Andy Billig (feel free to copy and modify as you wish):

Dear Honorable Billig (or your Senator),

I am writing again to  you to respectfully ask that the Senate not hold a concurrence vote on the changes that the House of Representatives made to ESSB 5038.  One of the amendments (amendment 467 to be exact, added by Representative Drew Hanson of the 23rd Legislative District) was made under what has been shown to be a completely false pretense that it was requested by the Washington State Patrol.  The WSP has *publicly* stated that they did not request the amendment adding the emergency clause.

The quote from WSP:  "The WSP did not ask the legislature to add an emergency clause to SB 5038. The WSP received several inquiries regarding the amendment after March 28 floor action when a statement was made that WSP had requested it. WSP spoke with legislative personnel involved and re-iterated that the WSP did not make, and was not planning to make, any such request. WSP does not know the origin of how this evolved into the amendment that was voiced, but we do know that it was not at the request of our agency,” said Captain Neil Weaver, in an email to the Wire.  The full article can be found here:  https://washingtonstatewire.com/senator-clarifies-misunderstanding-that-washington-state-patrol-requested-an-emergency-clause-in-open-carry-bill/

Regardless of political party, Washington citizens deserve better than this.  Please do not hold a concurrence vote on ESSB 5038.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Twodeucetrey
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Done Sir.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Done Sir.
View Quote

Thank you Ryo!

And "thank you!" to anybody else who has contacted their Senator or Senator Billig!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
So...seems like we made it through this session without any serious gun laws being fully passed.  Or did I miss something on this?

Wait...No.  Looks like it did get a concurrence vote on 4/20 and is waiting for Useless Jay to sign it.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
We got the open carry ban, 7% cap gains tax and a 10% bump in government spending.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
And hey, let’s not forget the complete ban on any reference to Native Americans in school sports!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately, inslee signed this into law.  

If I understand correctly,  we can still concealed carry at capitol right?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately, inslee signed this into law.  

If I understand correctly,  we can still concealed carry at capitol right?
View Quote

Page Four, lines 7 thru 9

"(e)Nothing  in  this  subsection  applies  to  the  lawful  concealed carry  of  a  firearm  by  a  person  who  has  a  valid  concealed  pistol license."
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:24:57 AM EDT
[#9]
this state is trying harder and harder to get me to leave it, and I dont want to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top