Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2021 8:45:27 PM EDT
Went up to the pit for the first time in over 5 years.  There was a bunch of shot up junk up there.  Not as bad as the Oly "Suicide Pit" but certainly not up to the WAHTF LCR shoot standards.  Lots of shotgun shells, shot up metal junk, glass, a bed spring... it goes on.  

We grabbed a bunch of things when we left but with two small-sh vehicles (full of guns and shit) there was still plenty more to clean up.

My ask:  At the upcoming LCR shoot, if everyone going could please consider taking home a bag or two of trash with them and help put our "secret spot" closer to what it looked like in it's glory days.

Trip report : Road is pretty clear, some potholes along the way but nothing that can't be dodged.  Had a Prius wagon follow us up and it survived.  I wouldn't ignore the tire curse though.  Big pit is nice and wide open with longer range than we'd seen in a while.  Little pit is full of piles of what I presume used to be the big pit.  Not very useable.  The small pit next to the little pit is clear.

Glory Days : LCR Videos

To those of you asking "Who TF is this guy telling me what to do?" : Don't worry about it

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the recon, Dad!
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Those videos are a trip turn memory lane.

Large? Hippy? Leroy!

And John Kerry. Lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those videos are a trip turn memory lane.

Large? Hippy? Leroy!

And John Kerry. Lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3455/IMG_20210330_222220_png-1886984.JPG
View Quote

'member that time you forgot your .50?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
But I had plenty of ammo.

I actually thought about that on the 50 brake close-up pic yesterday.

Best to everyone!
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of cleaning up the pit.  Remember trying to clean up all the bowling pins by burning them?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Loved watching the videos.
Like Bobbity's new avatar even more.

If at the very least, clean up after yourselves to set a better example.

I won't be able to make it.  Y'all play safe though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 1:13:11 AM EDT
[#8]
This sounds pertinent to my interests.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 1:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Loved watching the videos.
Like Bobbity's new avatar even more.

If at the very least, clean up after yourselves to set a better example.

I won't be able to make it.  Y'all play safe though.
View Quote
Thank you. She's my personal trainer. Gotta get in shape, ya know. It's working, too. My right arm is yuge!
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I think it was cnatra had a cartoon with nice jiggles to it.

Banned.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Gotta work Sunday morning, but I'll run a load of trash out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#12]
That's weird, NWTimmy and I made the trip 1/16 and the pits were clean. Must be that time of year.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Went up to the pit for the first time in over 5 years.  There was a bunch of shot up junk up there.  Not as bad as the Oly "Suicide Pit" but certainly not up to the WAHTF LCR shoot standards.  Lots of shotgun shells, shot up metal junk, glass, a bed spring... it goes on.  

We grabbed a bunch of things when we left but with two small-sh vehicles (full of guns and shit) there was still plenty more to clean up.

My ask:  At the upcoming LCR shoot, if everyone going could please consider taking home a bag or two of trash with them and help put our "secret spot" closer to what it looked like in it's glory days.

Trip report : Road is pretty clear, some potholes along the way but nothing that can't be dodged.  Had a Prius wagon follow us up and it survived.  I wouldn't ignore the tire curse though.  Big pit is nice and wide open with longer range than we'd seen in a while.  Little pit is full of piles of what I presume used to be the big pit.  Not very useable.  The small pit next to the little pit is clear.

Glory Days : LCR Videos

To those of you asking "Who TF is this guy telling me what to do?" : Don't worry about it

View Quote

Did you forget about the true power of 106?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#14]
We managed to squeeze about as much as we could into our vehicle with a few of those contractor trash bags. Overall the place looks pretty clean compared to most places I see in W. Wa. Perhaps thanks to your efforts to clean. Always want to bring out more than we bring in though so I set the kids to work to help pick up a bit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#15]
So on Saturday, a guy & his family drives into the pit and surveys the conditions.  He approached Bobbity and said he wasn’t going to risk his life or the safety of his kids because of the people he sees drinking and shooting.  We really scratched our heads there as none of us had started drinking yet.  It occurred to me that he saw me picking up shot up trash beer cans and bottles that people used as targets previously.  What an idiot!  I brought back a bucketful of cans & bottles that he & his ilk likely left behind in the past.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So on Saturday, a guy & his family drives into the pit and surveys the conditions.  He approached Bobbity and said he wasn’t going to risk his life or the safety of his kids because of the people he sees drinking and shooting.  We really scratched our heads there as none of us had started drinking yet.  It occurred to me that he saw me picking up shot up trash beer cans and bottles that people used as targets previously.  What an idiot!  I brought back a bucketful of cans & bottles that he & his ilk likely left behind in the past.
View Quote

Well, can't really blame the guy. I mean if he doesn't know you or what's going on... he's got a point. To be fair, I had a Tall Boy or two at night and the following day used the cans with the kids as targets for the airsoft guns because targets are the one thing I forgot to bring. I thought about how it would look with someone coming up and seeing a guy with some kids and some empty beer cans... It's kind of not a good look. So I get where he's coming from. He just had to roll with what he saw I guess... but I can't imagine a conversation with you guys would have convinced him his family's lives were in danger.

I would imagine there is some real asshatery that takes place out there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Guilt by association must be a thing.  

Oh by the way, I found your cans.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:53:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Guilt by association must be a thing.  

Oh by the way, I found your cans.
View Quote

Not I, we got there Saturday night and hauled out everything plus more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Can anyone share the coordinates where the pit is located? Was planning to get out and shoot my rifles in PNW for a while after moving here from California. Got a few contractor bags that I can use to pick up stuff and keep the place clean.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Can anyone share the coordinates where the pit is located? Was planning to get out and shoot my rifles in PNW for a while after moving here from California. Got a few contractor bags that I can use to pick up stuff and keep the place clean.
View Quote

That's certainly not something folks are going to share online with strangers, however some are trying to rebuild some sense of community here and would probably welcome some new additions that want to join. I don't live close so it's not something I'll be going to very often. Perhaps there's some meetups that can start taking place?

All this covid crap has really thrown a giant double ended wrench in any sort of get togethers and ease of meetups generally.

Where about are you located?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm over in Redmond. Totally understand if it cannot be shared. Been looking for a good place to shoot for a while, but stuck with the ranges for now (bellevue or kenmore). My 6.5 y.o. wants to start shooting too, so I was thinking about pits more and more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah it's a drive for you and me both. Even more so with the little ones.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:40:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been here a long time and don't know where that pit is. Lol

I wanted to go out last weekend, but we just got home from being out of town for a few days on Thursday.

Hopefully we can start getting together more often.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm over in Redmond. Totally understand if it cannot be shared. Been looking for a good place to shoot for a while, but stuck with the ranges for now (bellevue or kenmore). My 6.5 y.o. wants to start shooting too, so I was thinking about pits more and more.
View Quote

Join Interlake, it’s just down the road from you. If you show up to a work party or a match, easy enough to find someone to sponsor you.

http://interlakesporting.com

Work party this Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Keep this shit up and we'll end up having Christmas parties and stuff. Careful what you wish for...
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So on Saturday, a guy & his family drives into the pit and surveys the conditions.  He approached Bobbity and said he wasn't going to risk his life or the safety of his kids because of the people he sees drinking and shooting.  We really scratched our heads there as none of us had started drinking yet.  It occurred to me that he saw me picking up shot up trash beer cans and bottles that people used as targets previously.  What an idiot!  I brought back a bucketful of cans & bottles that he & his ilk likely left behind in the past.
View Quote
Yeah, Gunny Greenjeans was likely a pretty good guy, but I think he stepped in some Karen that morning. I had a couple of long-ish conversations with him. But, some people keep their stuff just a little too high & tight.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m near Redmond.  Check out Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club over by Snoqualmie Falls. http://www.svrifle.org/

It’s more rural than those other ranges, nice drive to get there, a reasonable price and being a private club you get the combo to the gate. Pistol and 200 yd rifle ranges. There is a gong at 200 yds, but steel is not allowed nor incendiary rounds.  You have to bring your own target stands which cannot have any steel construction.

Haven’t been there since the Scamdemic started, not sure how crowded it is these days between Ammogeddon and Covid restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Keep this shit up and we'll end up having Christmas parties and stuff. Careful what you wish for...
View Quote

Will your avatar show up for a Christmas party?  IN!  I'm certain wife will kill me but she would be impressed as well!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Will your avatar show up for a Christmas party?  IN!  I'm certain wife will kill me but she would be impressed as well!
View Quote
If not, maybe we can put arfcom up on a big screen and leave it on one of my posts. Personally, I'd eat a bag of kittens just to see that jiggle in person.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#30]
In for the Christmas party
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Back when ammo was cheap and guns were expensive.

I let out a audible 'awe' when Butte showed up in that vid.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Yup, TBD was legend.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In for the Christmas party
View Quote

+1

I'd be there for that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top