Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 2:02:14 PM EDT
I’m looking for school options for my young boys. The first few that I interviewed with started into how fabulous their social justice program was within the first few minutes. We’re talking about Pre-K...

I’m not religious at all, and would prefer non religious schools, but am open minded if that’s the best/only option at this point.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You are going to have to move, I think. That or just pay a private tutor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are going to have to move, I think. That or just pay a private tutor.
View Quote

This is, sadly, likely 100% correct.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Look into catholic schools.

That or home school. About your only options.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Bear creek school is about as close as you’ll get probably...
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 2:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
good luck
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Catholic or home.

Even then all Catholic are not conservative-the arch sure isn't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for cementing in my mind the unfortunate fact that our futures are all pretty fucked because of this!

I think home is going to be the only way to go.

I wish I could move, until I can gain more than 55% custody of my boys I’m stuck in the area. Until 2037
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#8]
You might look into a Waldorf school, while not really conservative. Waldorf doesn't use a lot of computers, they use blackboards and write their own text books from a Teacher lesson. Think little house on the prairie. They study classic history, Norse, Roman, and Greek mythology  and build their own bows for archery in the later grades. Our local school is on 81 acres of farm, timber & wetlands. There is some hippy type stuff that goes on, but it is more about letting the child find their own way. They milk goats, plow potatoes with horses and butcher cows. The kids know where their food comes from.

Also, lots of cooking, plays, festivals, arts & crafts, small engine repair for the older kids, knitting & sewing and kids are allowed to "target practice / hunt for food" with sticks in the woods.

Basically pretty well rounded. I was the baker for awhile as a volunteer, and I will never forget the story one of my daughter's classmates told at lunch about her pet rabbit. It had done some damage to the house a few times, then she said "we had naughty rabbit stew for dinner..."

However, all that said, we have been home schooling since Covid.

I would have loved to go to this school as a kid though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
My son was in the gifted children program and I took him out of there because of the blatant indoctrination that has been getting a lot worse.  My wife has a liberal-leaning mindset, but even her could not stand it anymore.

After checking a few private schools, the only ones that are still brainwashing-free are the religious schools.

At least in the north-Seattle area.

Check schools sponsored by Crista.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After checking a few private schools, the only ones that are still brainwashing-free are the religious schools.
View Quote

And they get Santa Claus!

The very best picture is my colored daughter in pilgrim attire. I laughed at that so hard they made the next kid be a native.

One smelly hippy protested the racial appropriation- they got a guy to review their "accurate, respectful and educational" Thanksgiving. Smelly hippy left.

Don't know how she got in there anyway, I know moonbeam didn't believe in God!

Honestly speaking, I was never a fan of "the church" . Our school changed my opinion, great folks, great school
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I would like to do the homeschool route, but it's not a thing that our family is much cut out for unfortunately. We send our kids to a private school since public is off the table for me and if we stretch it, we can make it work financially. Helps that we are "religious" so sending them to a school based on that is great for us. Charles Wright Academy in Tacoma-ish area is some sort of non-sectarian religious... not entirely sure what that means... but insofar as I'm aware, getting in isn't easy and it's damn expensive compared to other private schools.

Even from our school though... I get a sense and a taste of the area's liberalism. Not much but... it's there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's good to hear.

Looks like we are moving to that area and had started looking at Bear Creek.
View Quote

It's a good area.

Bur remember, we have idiot voters in King County.  They just voted away their right to vote for Sheriff, and now it is an appointed position.  Perhaps they realize they are too stupid to make the correct choice.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:.

Plus we're moving from suburban Massachusetts where the gun laws and politics are even worse
View Quote

You will love the gun laws-today. Cannot promise you tomorrow.

Iirc you need 30 days to apply for a CPL. Google will get you to the right place for where you move to.

They may go awb and mag ban goofy any time. Buy fast when you get here. Sbr & suppressor ok, again today.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’m looking for school options for my young boys. The first few that I interviewed with started into how fabulous their social justice program was within the first few minutes. We’re talking about Pre-K...

I’m not religious at all, and would prefer non religious schools, but am open minded if that’s the best/only option at this point.

Any suggestions?
View Quote

I know this thread may be a bit old/derailed topically at this point - but I thought I would throw in my two cents as a new member to the ARFCOM community.

What city are you moving to? Also what neighborhood? I have a feeling that a large contributing factor to the "wokeisms" of a given school are not only dependent on the school district, but also the constituency of parents that drive an individual school's policies and practices.

We have found that the most appropriate option, based on our locale, was to pull both our older boys out of SPS (Seattle Public Schools) to homeschool this year.

Now, this is not something that I can say will work for every parent, or more importantly every student - BUT I do think it is absolutely worth consideration.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Where's the Waldorf school located? We currently home school, but wife uses Waldorf programs + other curriculums. Wondering where's the nearest one here in PNW.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Close friend of mine sent all three kids to Bellevue Christian and they are all well rounded, successful young adults.

Avoid Seattle Public Schools at all costs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The very best picture is my colored daughter in pilgrim attire. I laughed at that so hard they made the next kid be a native.

One smelly hippy protested the racial appropriation- they got a guy to review their "accurate, respectful and educational" Thanksgiving. Smelly hippy left.

Honestly speaking, I was never a fan of "the church" . Our school changed my opinion, great folks, great school
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few years ago some critters tried to push the progressive agenda there.  Were quickly turned away.

There's a reason parents pay quite a bit to put their children there, and they know that if they succumb to that idiocy they will lose many students.

And it's the same reason that the teachers' union does not want the taxes to fund charter schools or vouchers.  Public schools would see a big exodus.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's a good area.

Bur remember, we have idiot voters in King County.  They just voted away their right to vote for Sheriff, and now it is an appointed position.  Perhaps they realize they are too stupid to make the correct choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to hear.

Looks like we are moving to that area and had started looking at Bear Creek.

It's a good area.

There's a long time here in WA that voters do not decide anything.  And that's why the same process is being pushed nationwide now.  The 2020 presidential elections were just a déjà-vu of the 2004 WA gubernatorial elections.   I do not buy anymore that "go vote" and "vote them out" bs anymore.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top