Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2021 6:47:31 PM EDT
Good chance I'm buying a second hand safe from a person in Lynnwood.  I'm in Snohomish Co.

Any recommendations on a mover to pick up and deliver an 800 lb safe?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
NWSafe in Enumclaw
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NWSafe in Enumclaw
View Quote

Really?  NW Safe is the pick for a move 80 miles north of them?  Genuine question....
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as you don't have to go up and down any stairs just get a couple of strong buddies and a couple of furniture dollies, That's how I move my 1200lb safe. other than that I would use NW Safe. I did price them moving my safe on my last move up in Monroe and it was $300-400 if I remember correctly, I ended up moving it myself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Really?  NW Safe is the pick for a move 80 miles north of them?  Genuine question....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NWSafe in Enumclaw

They do the whole State as I recall, probably would schedule you when they would be in the area doing another close delivery.

There may be someone closer to your location but NWSafe is reputable.

https://nwsafe.com/pages/moving-a-gun-safe

ETA:

ABOUT NORTHWEST SAFE
NW Safe is a safe and vault store serving customers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, they have moved safes for me in Everett and Bothell.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had an ARF Team Member who worked there and was active in the safe forum for years.  Have not seen him post for 5+ years.

There was a thread from another ARF Member who lived in Hawaii and based on recommendations here had a safe shipped to him (obviously via ocean freight), went off without a hitch.

Their showroom probably has 100 safes, all the way from mailbox size to TL30-X6.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for moving it yourself, with a strong friend or two.  Get a dozen golf balls, have 4 or so under the safe at all times and it'll roll around with little effort.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
+1 for moving it yourself, with a strong friend or two.  Get a dozen golf balls, have 4 or so under the safe at all times and it'll roll around with little effort.
View Quote

I like pipes when going straight, golf balls when you need to turn a hard corner.

Buy 4 pipes a few inches wider than the safe and the same diameter of a golf ball.  Non threaded pipes are what you seek.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Moving a safe is pretty easy IF you take your time and have an idea what your doing.

A large crowbar to tilt up the corners, then slip metal pipes/rods underneith to roll it around on, and a pallet jack for the long distances. You will need a pallet jack for 800lbs. Do not try using a hand truck or dolly for that. If that thing tilts too much one way or the other, you're fucked. You wont be able to stop it from falling. You'll also need a low trailer to load it onto or a truck with one of those lift gates.

Or just let the professionals do it. They have all the gear and watching them do it looks like childs play.

Hiring a dedicated outfit like NWsafe (other than a random moving company) will damn near guarantee you wont get visited by thieves sometime down the road.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want/need to do it yourself, and have stairs, you can rent stair climbers from Sun Coast, United Rentals and similar local outfits.  Sun Coast have a 1500lb one from Power Mate:
https://www.powermate.info/powermate_handtruck_m-1

Honestly, it looks pretty useful if you need to roll it around and didn't want to mess with pipes/golf balls, this vid shows the extra pair of wheels for rolling around flat surface towards the end:
PowerMate® M Series Training Video

I moved a much smaller safe, less than 400 lbs with golf balls.  Took the door off too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
NWSafe in Enumclaw
View Quote
Yup. They've moved mine multiple times. Good people.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Krikey!

I have two quotes.  Moving the safe is about the same as I paid for it.

Any high school linemen want to earn a few bucks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top