Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2021 2:15:11 PM EDT
Someone bought a gun from me and after stating their dealer had to accept from private individuals the dealer has now said receipt of a firearm from a private out of state individual is illegal under WA state law. I've sold other guns to people in WA and never had that come up from other FFLs. Is this BS or a real thing?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That is new to me, I accept private party shipments as long as shipper has copy of state ID with it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes its legal, I take in a couple a month with a copy of the State ID from private party.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Legal, yes, but there is a great deal of confusion out-of-state about the various state laws. (Remember when one state declared thirty-round-plus magazines were "machine gun parts" and stopped selling to us because "machine gun parts" are not legal here? --how many lawyers can dance on the head of a pin?) Also, the company can change its policies for any or no reason. If they won't play nice, shop for another dealer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
As others have stated, this is completely legal. Have the dealer provide you with the RCW that says it is illegal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Your wording is very confusing.
Are you saying you shipped to someone out of WA and that dealer gave that incorrect response?
Or it was shipped to WA state and you got the BS response?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Not illegal , but its also up to the dealer also if they accept private party out of state transfers.  The buyer need to check with the receiving FFL to make sure first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top