Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 8:47:38 PM EDT
I have a 1911 with a ramped barrel that has shot so well for so long that I have worn out it's barrel.  It has been so long since the last 1911 barrel was worn out that I'm hoping for some more current information than the very old info I have.  It used to be that Bar-sto was the go to company for 1911 barrels...

What are some other really top notch ramped replacement barrels, and are there any really good 1911 gunsmiths in the South Puget Sound area who can do a really good fit on a ramped 1911 barrel.

ETA:  I have also considered Wilson Combat, Les Baer, and Ed Brown.  While I prefer to do local business, I really don't have any strong objections to shipping the slide off to have the barrel fitted into the slide.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps reach out to Dave at Southridge Arms.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip.  I truly appreciate it.  I used to have all manner of pistols built, but for the past couple of decades I have been concentrating on rifles, so I have kind of lost touch with who is currently producing the best pistol barrels...   I'm up to speed on rifle barrels, but haven't shot out a pistol barrel in so long I have lost touch with that end of the gun business.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used Schuemann in a couple pistols, but when I was buying parts for my 2011 open pistol I could not get a response from them and went with KKM which was very nice.  I've have one Bar-sto as well, no issues, but it was several years ago. Schuemann has new ownership, but I don't know about availability.  Kart is another brand I've heard good stuff about.  

I could recommend a couple smiths on the dry side of the state, if you want info IM me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I was kind of hoping to find a smith somewhere around Puget Sound if possible...I may yet end up with a smith on the dry side if I can't find a good smith on the wet side.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Dana at Blackhammer Arms
His work is highly praised on WAGuns. I can only speak to his Cerakote work, what he did for me was great.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
You might make an inquiry to Olypenarms.

http://olypenarms.com/

There's also to American Pistol Smith members for WA: https://americanpistolsmithsguild.com/APGMembersByLocation/Washington

BarSto used to be THE name in barrels.  Nowlin, Kart, Jarvis, Fusion, and a couple others also have decent reputations.  These days, the fitting/crowning, and all the other 'magic' are probably at least as important as the barrel brand.

Good luck,
Boss
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top