Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 11:22:22 AM EDT
Just checking in to see what is the latest info on Polymer 80s. Are they moving to ban them in this session?  I haven’t heard anything recently so just checking. If there is a push to ban them I am going to grab a few.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That would've been house bill 1739 that passed during the 2019 regular session.

HB1739 added a definition for "untraceable firearms". It also made it illegal for someone to facilitate, aid, or abet  the  manufacture or assembly of an undetectable firearm or untraceable firearm by a person who is prohibited from possessing firearms. This is why some companies have decided to not ship kits to WA and why some companies will ask for your DL and CPL before shipping you a kit. There are still companies out there who will ship to WA no questions asked but, after some of the raids targeting 80% stuff, i feel like that may change.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So if you are a law abiding citizen and can legally own a firearm nothing has changed with that law.

So Nothing new being added with this session?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if you are a law abiding citizen and can legally own a firearm nothing has changed with that law.

So Nothing new being added with this session?
View Quote

Correct. It is just retailers that are limiting sales depending on their own policy.

As far as I know, nothing new has been filed this session relating to "untraceable firearms"
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
List of Firearm Related Bills for 2021 Legislative Session

Here is a list of current firearm related bills that have been introduced thus far this session.  Deadline for any new introductions is 15 Feb. (unless tied to a fiscal component, then 06 March if memory serves me correct).

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
List of Firearm Related Bills for 2021 Legislative Session

Here is a list of current firearm related bills that have been introduced thus far this session.  Deadline for any new introductions is 15 Feb. (unless tied to a fiscal component, then 06 March if memory serves me correct).

View Quote

They can introduce bills up until the last day of session in April. They did it last year and they'll keep doing it. Don't let your guard down until they adjourn completely!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They can introduce bills up until the last day of session in April. They did it last year and they'll keep doing it. Don't let your guard down until they adjourn completely!
View Quote

True - they can introduce bills all the way up to Sine Die, however it does become more difficult after the cut-off dates.

You are absolutely correct when you say "Don't let your guard down until they adjourn completely!"

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I would've seen this earlier.  I found a pretty good discussion here about the legalities of a polymer 80 in WA state.  

Some seem to think that because of polymer 80's lack metal content, they're illegal in WA. Federal law says finished lowers are firearms but WA's definition of a firearms seems to encompass the whole firearm.  A poly 80 lower, cant fire a projectile on it's own, it requires a slide & barrel.  Hell if undetectable firearms were what the person was saying in the discussion on that other site, I'm pretty sure most Glock lower receivers would be considered undetectable once you take out the trigger, trigger housing, locking block
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wish I would've seen this earlier.  I found a pretty good discussion here about the legalities of a polymer 80 in WA state.  

Some seem to think that because of polymer 80's lack metal content, they're illegal in WA. Federal law says finished lowers are firearms but WA's definition of a firearms seems to encompass the whole firearm.  A poly 80 lower, cant fire a projectile on it's own, it requires a slide & barrel.  Hell if undetectable firearms were what the person was saying in the discussion on that other site, I'm pretty sure most Glock lower receivers would be considered undetectable once you take out the trigger, trigger housing, locking block
View Quote

This still goes back to policies set by the retailer. There are still retailers that will sell poly 80 lowers to residents in WA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top