Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
There was a thread about this range a long time ago but was wondering if anybody has recently visited. I was told they only allow one round in a mag per shot.

I need to function test and zero a red dot and iron sights on a new 5.56 rifle build. It has a 10.5" barrel so I was thinking outdoors would be best.

The only "spot in the woods" I know about is 1 1/2 hr drive from where I live. Kenmore is 15min.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They are fantastic. They dropped the 1-RD limit on centerfire rifle quite a while back; 10-RD max across the board. IMO 10 rds is more than plenty when shooting from a bench. 3 sec between shots -  BFD.

I’ve been a member going on 3 years and shooting there for decades. They still run a tight ship, but they’ve definitely evolved for the better. The 1-RD limit change came when they finally realized there is a HUGE SA rifle presence and the board had no problem making the change. Staff is awesome - Andrew, Dillon, Robert, Jim (older guy who’s the nicest, friendliest dude ever), Victor, Vince ...all good dudes. Horacio (goes by “Papi”) is my favorite. He comes across a little hard-nosed at first but has an awesome sense of humor and dirty mind to boot - he and I flip each other shit every time I’m there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I think when the 1rd limit was being discussed the board was for raising it to 10 and it was the rangemasters that were against it.

I just wish they would make the pistol range better. It was made for bullseye shooting. And one round every 3 seconds? Come on man!

The public rifle range is 50 and 100yd. I think there are only 4 50yd benches.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the members rifle range especially when its not busy. I keep meaning to try their shotgun side one day, but I never do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Their website isn’t loading presently. Have they reopened it to the general public? They have been restricting access to members only since covidocalypse started.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their website isn’t loading presently. Have they reopened it to the general public? They have been restricting access to members only since covidocalypse started.
View Quote

Yeah it's not loading for me either. I like to check the website before I head to the range to make sure there isn't something scheduled. It's open to the public Fri-Mon and just opened up on Wednesdays. They have some unknown group that was renting it Tues-Thu. I don't know if it was a law enforcement group or private. Kind of weird. They never told the members who was renting the range.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Their website is up- copied/pasted:
Rifle
Public range: 50/100 yardsFriday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday
9 am to 4 pm
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been real happy with my outdoor range,  Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club.  Maybe Snoqualmie Falls is too far for you, though.

We have a 200yard rifle range.

http://www.svrifle.org/

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:08:29 AM EDT
[#8]
SVRC is a good one.

Kenmore is suppose to have a really nice shotgun range. I need to go try it out. A coworker of mine goes there nearly every week
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top