Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 5:25:30 PM EDT
The Snohomish Sheriffs found his body in the Snoqualmie near the High Bridge launch early last September. He was 74 and will be missed. We'll drink to him, and others, in April.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish there was a better end for Max than that; he was always good company.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good company.
View Quote

He contacted me to give his condolences when things went south with Sherry and Brittany. I thought that was pretty classy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
What’s the story here?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What’s the story here?
View Quote

Man found dead in Snoqualmie River south of Monroe
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Max was a real character. I always enjoyed his company. I miss getting his almost-daily email jokes. And, though he was very much a man of wit, he was very much a man of substance and character. We talked many times of our propensity to do youthful things, regardless of risk. Our mutual love of atv's and boats often led to stories of our derring-do, always true, if slightly embellished. Max once said, if he was terminal, he'd like to go out doing something like racing his quad down a boat ramp to see how far he could 'skip' it before he and the bike went to the bottom. I told  him I expected to die doing an Immelman on one of my Raptors.
Godspeed, Max. We are diminished in your absence.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:29:12 AM EDT
[#8]
RIP Good Sir.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
RIP
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, go easy Sir
Sir James...
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#11]

damn that sucks! Max was a good guy spent quite a bit of time chatting with him at a couple of LCRS
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:25:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Not long after this story surfaced, I found his widow on the face place and reached out with my condolences & asked to be notifed when a service was to be held.  

her reply was a very warm note that I've been assured that I can share: "Thank you for your condolences. Everyone was shocked and everyone misses him. It has been a comfort to have people reach out to express their love of him. Because of Covid we have not been able to have any type of service. Max and I were isolating, which is why he was alone on the river that morning. When this Covid nightmare is over and we can plan something I will let you know. Thank your daughter for sending him home...he could be stubborn ??

Max and his widow had been together 58 years & married for 56 of that

Not on here much anymore, but I will try to update y'all if I hear of any kind of service: I'm sure his widow would love to hear the stories ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top