Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2020 8:01:02 PM EDT
Looks more like a cool shopping list from an action movie but OK.

The bill also states law enforcement agencies cannot acquire or use military equipment, defined as “firearms and ammunition of .50 caliber or greater, machine guns, silencers, armored vehicles, armed vehicles, armed aircraft, tanks, mine resistant ambush protected vehicles, long range acoustic hailing devices, rockets, rocket launchers, bayonets, grenades, grenade launchers, missiles, directed energy systems and electromagnetic spectrum weapons.”

If agencies have that equipment, the bill requires them to return it to the federal agency from which it was obtained.
View Quote

WA lawmaker proposes bill that would prohibit police tactics like chokeholds and tear gas, prohibit use of ‘military equipment’
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, to be fair, they shouldnt be able to have anything that you or I cant purchase.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, to be fair, they shouldnt be able to have anything that you or I cant purchase.
View Quote

All this Bill does is create new definitions for “military equipment”

This helps their narrative for banning standard firearms and accessories.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure we will all be able to keep our suppressors if something like this goes through.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am sure we will all be able to keep our suppressors if something like this goes through.
View Quote

Meanwhile, I'm not standing still.

I expect an edited version of this bill targeted at the serf class with a carve out for govt employees, who will get right behind it. Watch for it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I posted this on a facebook group I'm on as well, but I actually support this. Remember, the police dont give a shit about you. They will come kick in your door long before they go kick in the door to Antifa.

Why would I support keeping the very draconian police force that is going to oppress me armed?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
No 'AR15?'. Huh, must not be a 'weapon of war' then...

Or perhaps they don't want to have admit there's a BIG difference between the AR15 and the M4/M16.

All kidding aside, yes...this is yet another incremental increase on which to expand...

$.02 worth,
Boss
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I went through the list of "military equipment". Of the 20 items in the list, there are about 10 things that civilians can own.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I would oppose it.  Later they will say if the police can't own it, you should not be able to own it too.

Police in this state is getting attacked by the liberal front.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Kinda on board with this, drop the CS and bring back PR24s and old school roadside tune ups.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I posted this on a facebook group I'm on as well, but I actually support this. Remember, the police dont give a shit about you. They will come kick in your door long before they go kick in the door to Antifa.

Why would I support keeping the very draconian police force that is going to oppress me armed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree with your premise.

Quoted:
I would oppose it.  Later they will say if the police can't own it, you should not be able to own it too.

Police in this state is getting attacked by the liberal front.

Possible. Also possible that this is very likely a political ploy to get police to line up behind a ban on private ownership in exchange for an exception carve out, which they will happily go along with. Do not be surprised if it happens. It would be flatly unconstitutional, but of course, so what?
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember when the grant co sheriffs got an old Cadillac cage super commando from the Air Force. They painted shark teeth on it etc, so very proud, till I pointed out, no seals around doors, gas engine, that it's a death trap an one Molotov is gonna ruin your whole day.

Yakima Training center stores some PD M113A0s..another death trap, internal fuel cells, two places where M80 ball will penetrate the armor, one at drivers head an other...bingo, where fuel cell is.

MRAPS get the tires going an step back.....all armor has weaknesses, even tanks..they can give a false sense of invincibility an safety.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Kinda on board with this, drop the CS and bring back PR24s and old school roadside tune ups.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-22-2018/ooQX95.gif
View Quote

Good call, less likely to bother tax payers in the area.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I remember when the grant co sheriffs got an old Cadillac cage super commando from the Air Force. They painted shark teeth on it etc, so very proud, till I pointed out, no seals around doors, gas engine, that it's a death trap an one Molotov is gonna ruin your whole day.

Yakima Training center stores some PD M113A0s..another death trap, internal fuel cells, two places where M80 ball will penetrate the armor, one at drivers head an other...bingo, where fuel cell is.

MRAPS get the tires going an step back.....all armor has weaknesses, even tanks..they can give a false sense of invincibility an safety.
View Quote

We thinking same vehicle?  M113 fuel tanks are mounted externally on the rear of the vehicle...

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#14]
The m113 ACAV, A1 an A2 ( of which we sent about a 1000 to the Iraqi army)had internal fuel cells...although BAE may have made modifications during the reset prior to shipping...that looks to be an A3 which was first fielded around 1987. M113A3s are still in the inventory..so if that's a cop one, color me surprised. Last time I was at Yakima were the cop ones were stored was 6-7 years ago, so certainly possible.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#15]
“It also says officers are prohibited from firing into a moving vehicle ‘unless necessary to protect against an imminent threat of serious physical harm from the operator’s or a passenger’s use of a deadly weapon, not including the vehicle itself.’”

Never mind that a vehicle has the ballistic power of a far greater magnitude to present an imminent threat of serious physical harm.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The m113 ACAV, A1 an A2 ( of which we sent about a 1000 to the Iraqi army)had internal fuel cells...although BAE may have made modifications during the reset prior to shipping...that looks to be an A3 which was first fielded around 1987. M113A3s are still in the inventory..so if that's a cop one, color me surprised. Last time I was at Yakima were the cop ones were stored was 6-7 years ago, so certainly possible.
View Quote

Makes sense, my only experience is with A3s, that dont swim...
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

All this Bill does is create new definitions for “military equipment”

This helps their narrative for banning standard firearms and accessories.
View Quote

Bingo!

First thing I thought also.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#18]
No one needs machineguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top