Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2020 1:30:56 PM EDT
Back in the day, I could sell a gun on a forum, stick it in a flat rate box and ship it off to a buyers FFL in another state myself.  Is that still the case?  Or do I have to do some silly shit and pay a local FFL to mail it for me?  

Somehow I'm having trouble finding good info online.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You can still ship it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You can ship anything privately. The type of firearm will dictate what service you use, whether private carrier or USPS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, thanks guys!  That's good to hear.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Some FFL's won't accept a firearm unless it's shipped from another FFL.
I have run into that a few times when shipping firearms.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
True.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some FFL's won't accept a firearm unless it's shipped from another FFL.
I have run into that a few times when shipping firearms.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
When shipping,USPS doesn't accept handguns from non FFL's.
When shipping to FFL (assuming they accept) They need information from you to log into their acquisition book.

Also look up the legality of the firearm for the corresponding state.. don't sell a firearm to a person in a state (or area) where they are not allow to own it, so you won't deal with any hassles of returns, etc.

edit:  Boy was I sleepy when I wrote the last sentence.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When shipping,USPS doesn't accept handguns from non FFL's.
When shipping to FFL (assuming they accept) They need information from you to log into their acquisition book.

Also look up the legality of the firearm for the corresponding state.. don't sell a firearm to a person out of state a firearm they are not allow to own in WA so you won't deal with any hassles of returns, etc.
View Quote

You are gonna have to elaborate on that one?
Did you mean don't sell a firearm to a person in a state where they can't own it?
Or don't sell a firearm out of state to a person who is prohibited from owning one?
Or don't sell a firearm out of state to a person who is prohibited based on the RCW from owning one?
Or don't sell a firearm to someone out of state that you can't own in WA? (which makes no sense really)
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
haha.. I was sleepy.  Didn't even reread what I wrote.  Had a good laugh at myself.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, that’sa good point about legality in the buyers state that I hadn’t really considered.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
haha.. I was sleepy.  Didn't even reread what I wrote.  Had a good laugh at myself.
View Quote

Lol, it happens. That new statement makes a lot more sense.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh other thing to consider is magazine capacity.. Don't ship the magazine to a state with a high capacity magazine ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top