BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As said before, how long until those who voted D figure out they've been played for fools.
View Quote

Never. They are true believers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Aren't they considered retail & essential? 25% capacity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't affect me last time, don't expect it to this time.  Poor dudes that have a job affected though! Have a nephew that just about lost everything last time, he's not closing anything this time, hope lots of others feel the same.  Suppose the gun stores will close again, not that there was much to buy.

Aren't they considered retail & essential? 25% capacity.

My lgs closed last time we were in lock down.  I asked them today and they said they're staying open.
My gym is closing, I think they're very clean and following the rules, but inslee knows what's best for his subjects.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
We're making national news, TC called out WA last night (interesting overall, we're in the spotlight around the 8:45M mark):

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6210242675001#sp=show-clips

Timing during a contested election is interesting no?  Of course they had their few days to celebrate first.

$.02 worth,
Boss
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's extremely not good...to put it mildly...it's a landmark....25+ years of awards...

http://www.maltbycafe.com/awards.aspx

Not that those behind this care.

As said before, how long until those who voted D figure out they've been played for fools.

Boss
View Quote

Maltby Cafe started a go fund me yesterday so I’m guessing it’s going pretty badly.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Not much that can be done. Inslee was re-elected by double digits. He refuses to call the legislature into a special session. It seems all the Democrat governors are doing the same thing.

Florida real estate is looking better and better.

Although, noteworthy are the SARS-CoV-2 state by state data available on The NY Times website. Several states that start getting cooler and drier sooner than WA have already peaked for cases, hospitalizations and fatalities. The curve matches normal respiratory seasonal impacts. Surprise, surprise. States I looked at include ME, VT, NH, MI, WI, MN, SD, ND, NE, KS and WY. Of interesting note is South Dakota. No mandates, no masks, no lockdown, no business restrictions. WI was the center of panic 2-3 weeks ago when their cases skyrocketed. Guess what? They are trending way down on everything. North Dakota is kind of funny. They started their downward trend before their governor said to wear masks and did some light business restrictions.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I heard Maltby Cafe probably not making it through another lockdown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like the Office of the Governor should reduce their pay to 25% or 0% since they are forcing business to do the same. Another brewery in my area just announced they are closing for good due to the new restrictions, they barely made it through the last shutdown and this will break them.

I heard that they're shutting their doors sometime next year anyway. A developer is building a massive housing development there - somewhere around 400 homes. The only place that will be left, will be the coffee shop.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I heard that they're shutting their doors sometime next year anyway. A developer is building a massive housing development there - somewhere around 400 homes. The only place that will be left, will be the coffee shop.
View Quote

Well that blows.  They actually made a great breakfast.

Residential development kills another icon.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like the Office of the Governor should reduce their pay to 25% or 0% since they are forcing business to do the same. Another brewery in my area just announced they are closing for good due to the new restrictions, they barely made it through the last shutdown and this will break them.

pizza place going to?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The developer story is not true.  Their plan is and has been to keep the business going and eventually pass it on to the kids.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]
BOHICA:

Inslee press conference today at 10:30. Rumors I have heard include further shutdowns and a possible shutdown of state government offices and "non-essential" services.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BOHICA:

Inslee press conference today at 10:30. Rumors I have heard include further shutdowns and a possible shutdown of state government offices and "non-essential" services.
View Quote

So far, current 4 week shutdown just got +3 weeks, through January 4.

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Just dropping by again to say it again:

Fuck
Jay
Inslee
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I am mother fucking sick as fucking shit of seeing that cockgobbler wearing a goddamn mask in every news conference when the only other people in the fucking room are 30 feet away, and there's maybe 3 of them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
These shut downs will continue through 2021.

I don't see them stopping until the Blue States and cities get their Federal Bailout package.

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These shut downs will continue through 2021.

I don't see them stopping until the Blue States and cities get their Federal Bailout package.

View Quote

Sadly, this. Well over 2000 restaurants alone across WA have permanently shuttered due to lack of business. There needs to be a full list of every business closed regularly shoved in Inslee’s face. However, his pat response is “I’m saving Washingtonian’s lives!” An empty phrase as causal/correlation is complete conjecture, but it makes for an emotional soundbite.

Hell, I could claim I’ve saved lives because I didn’t drive anywhere today...it’s an empty statement.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#16]
agreed, impossible statement to quantify.  Same goes for how many closures are killing - so many variables and tangents, no way to actually know.   One thing is clear - economic impact is in the billions, and you can't argue that isn't severely hurting Washingtonians.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:13:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
agreed, impossible statement to quantify.  Same goes for how many closures are killing - so many variables and tangents, no way to actually know.   One thing is clear - economic impact is in the billions, and you can't argue that isn't severely hurting Washingtonians.
View Quote

Nothing an income tax can't fix.

Watch for it...
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#18]
One way UHaul rental rates are already 2x-3x Washington to the Sunbelt vs the reverse route.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Sooo...local paper say our overlord wannabes' are extending this to 1/4/21

What next when that has no meaningful effect???  Longer??

Oh, buy local...support your local businesses...

Right...Karen and crew don't get it...places going out of business don't have the margins to operate at 25% for a year and survive...

The true believer sheeple are to stupid and/or brainwashed to figure it out...

Boss

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sooo...local paper say our overlord wannabes' are extending this to 1/4/21

What next when that has no meaningful effect???  Longer??

Oh, buy local...support your local businesses...

Right...Karen and crew don't get it...places going out of business don't have the margins to operate at 25% for a year and survive...

The true believer sheeple are to stupid and/or brainwashed to figure it out...

Boss

View Quote

They are not effected so they don’t care, even if they were effected they wouldn’t care, it’s a small price to pay for their safety.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They are not effected so they don’t care, even if they were effected they wouldn’t care, it’s a small price to pay for their safety.
View Quote

Yep, they’re so mindless they’ll only care when a (D) tells them to, even if they’re on the streets at night
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Our local little paper usually has a ‘Rants & Raves’ section where people can compliment good things and Rant on bad...the ‘Rants’ have been effectively silenced/unpublished...

Me thinks their ‘In Box’ overfloweth...

Boss

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:58:20 AM EDT
[#23]

I wish each of you a merry Christmas , a much happier, less stressful an more financially beneficial new year.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Our local little paper usually has a ‘Rants & Raves’ section where people can compliment good things and Rant on bad...the ‘Rants’ have been effectively silenced/unpublished...

Me thinks their ‘In Box’ overfloweth...

Boss

View Quote

PDN?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wish each of you a merry Christmas , a much happier, less stressful an more financially beneficial new year.
View Quote

I expect 2021 to be far worse than 2020.

I'll bet anybody here a six-pack of their choice there will be a new strain of COVID by July 2021.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#26]
^^ Very likely...this is all going to catch up to us...we've got years of digging ahead of us...

They're already starting to condition the public for further COVID_control...that until EVERYONE has gotten multiple (2?) doses of the vaccine, pretty much masks and mandates...

On the Fight for the Soul of Seattle, they said like 140 businesses had closed permanently...that number is going to just continue to grow...

Yeah, this is gonna go well...

$.02 worth,
Boss
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:58:46 AM EDT
[#27]
The state that Seattle is in has me wondering just what the fuck the NHL was thinking when they agreed to letting the city have an expansion team.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 2:59:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuck Inslee
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The state that Seattle is in has me wondering just what the fuck the NHL was thinking when they agreed to letting the city have an expansion team.
View Quote

They were thinking they were going to get a shitload of money from a bunch of suckers.

"The cost for league entry will be $650 million, up 30 percent from the $500 million paid by the Vegas Golden Knights to enter the NHL last season."

ESPN Link

"When you include the cost of reimagining and building Seattle Center Arena, this is a transaction with a value of approximately $1.4 billion," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said. "Which shows incredible commitment by everyone involved -- commitment not just to the NHL but also to the city of Seattle."
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Be Brave!

How the Media Wants You To Think

Boss
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like the DNC lackeys are relaxing now that Biden appears to have won.

“Dear UPSD Parents and Guardians:

Today, state officials announced major changes to the guidance for school reopening. These changes are based on new science about transmission of Covid-19 in schools.  New data has been collected by the Washington State Department of Health from local, national and global sources. The revised guidance creates new opportunities for gradually returning some students to school on a part-time basis for in-person learning.  

We have been planning for a return to in-person learning in a hybrid model for some time. This planning has focused on extensive safety protocols to keep staff and students safe at school.  Over the last several weeks we have begun serving small groups of students in-person and have been able to implement these safety measures successfully. New data from our state, and from across the nation, shows that rigorous health and safety measures like these can limit the transmission of COVID-19 in the school environment even when case rates in the community are high.  Information about cases in UPSD schools can be found on our online Covid-19 Dashboard.”
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks like the DNC lackeys are relaxing now that Biden appears to have won.

“Dear UPSD Parents and Guardians:

Today, state officials announced major changes to the guidance for school reopening. These changes are based on new science about transmission of Covid-19 in schools.  New data has been collected by the Washington State Department of Health from local, national and global sources. The revised guidance creates new opportunities for gradually returning some students to school on a part-time basis for in-person learning.  

We have been planning for a return to in-person learning in a hybrid model for some time. This planning has focused on extensive safety protocols to keep staff and students safe at school.  Over the last several weeks we have begun serving small groups of students in-person and have been able to implement these safety measures successfully. New data from our state, and from across the nation, shows that rigorous health and safety measures like these can limit the transmission of COVID-19 in the school environment even when case rates in the community are high.  Information about cases in UPSD schools can be found on our online Covid-19 Dashboard.”
View Quote

Total horseshit. That “new data” has been known for over 6 months.

Inslee and that tool Chris (superintendent) are fighting with the Washington teacher’s union and the teacher’s union is winning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Total horseshit. That "new data" has been known for over 6 months.

Inslee and that tool Chris (superintendent) are fighting with the Washington teacher's union and the teacher's union is winning.
View Quote
They know who paid for their re-election campaigns. Not going to fight the WEA too hard...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They know who paid for their re-election campaigns. Not going to fight the WEA too hard...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inslee and that tool Chris (superintendent) are fighting with the Washington teacher's union and the teacher's union is winning.

And besides, why work for the money when the checks just keep coming while they're at home? The "I'm scared, must stay homeZMGWTFBBQ!!!" battle-cry (& the general shutdown) will continue as long as the tax payers allow it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck Inslee.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just enough to make it look real.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And besides, why work for the money when the checks just keep coming while they're at home? The "I'm scared, must stay homeZMGWTFBBQ!!!" battle-cry (& the general shutdown) will continue as long as the tax payers allow it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have us over a barrel on paying taxes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top