Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2016 10:21:31 PM EDT
So I'm outside of the Trader Joe's in Issaquah a couple weeks back, and out in front of the store was a woman taking signatures for an initiative...  The sign on the side of her little table said, "Expand gun background checks to all sales!"  Um...  Huh?!?  Anyone hear about a new initiative to expand universal background checks and make the universaler?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell her she's doing the Lord's work there.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Was there a time machine parked nearby?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Can we get a check-in from a sane part of the state? Every single thread we have about initiative petition campaigns seems to always be from the Eastside and near some fruity ass store.

I'd shit my pants if I opened one of these threads and it was a guy checking in from a farm store somewhere East of the Cascades.

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The last time I saw a petition in the Tri-Cites, it was to get rid of gun control.  I imagine Kinglou0 is correct, a pro gun control petition wouldn't last long in this part of the state.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we get a check-in from a sane part of the state? Every single thread we have about initiative petition campaigns seems to always be from the Eastside and near some fruity ass store.

I'd shit my pants if I opened one of these threads and it was a guy checking in from a farm store somewhere East of the Cascades.

View Quote

Maybe if the dry side of the state would have a few more babies (even - gasp! - on public assistance if necessary) instead of leaning on illegal Mexicans to do all their agriculture labor and having them account for a non-voting chunk of the rural population, we wouldn't be outnumbered by the concentrated stupid of Seattle, Bellevue and Olympia.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Maybe if the dry side of the state would have a few more babies (even - gasp! - on public assistance if necessary) instead of leaning on illegal Mexicans to do all their agriculture labor and having them account for a non-voting chunk of the rural population, we wouldn't be outnumbered by the concentrated stupid of Seattle, Bellevue and Olympia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What a great idea

It'll only take a few generations for them to catch up to current population levels in Western Washington meanwhile as every state with a tech sector implodes, all of these typically liberal minded technology workers will make their way to King County for jobs, community with like minded retards, and a hot real estate market.

It'll never happen. This state is fucked. We're seeing the early signs already. This whole idea that our gun rights are protected by the State Constitution is bullshit. We have clear examples of a legislative and judicial branch that could give two shits about our constitution.

I will bet anyone here in HTF (1) brand new Lancer mag that I-1491 passes with flying colors solely on the backs of King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

instead of leaning on illegal Mexicans to do all their agriculture labor and having them account for a non-voting chunk of the rural population
View Quote

Not that I'm in favor of illegal immigration...

But if not for the Mexicans... The apportionment of districts would be even more slanted in favor of the King County mob...

The notion of big families as a replacement for illegals working farms is not really going to be viable, from an economic standpoint... The future (which is doom for the illegals, economically) is automation & consolidation...

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What a great idea  

It'll only take a few generations for them to catch up to current population levels in Western Washington meanwhile as every state with a tech sector implodes, all of these typically liberal minded technology workers will make their way to King County for jobs, community with like minded retards, and a hot real estate market.

It'll never happen. This state is fucked. We're seeing the early signs already. This whole idea that our gun rights are protected by the State Constitution is bullshit. We have clear examples of a legislative and judicial branch that could give two shits about our constitution.

I will bet anyone here in HTF (1) brand new Lancer mag that I-1491 passes with flying colors solely on the backs of King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a great idea  

Triggered..!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top