Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2015 2:58:55 PM EDT
Does anyone have some recommendations for a gunsmith/machine shop that does cost effective barrel threading? I live in the Seattle area but am willing to drive. I have 7 to 10 barrels that are stripped out of the frames that need threading done to work with my silencer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'll take a look at that
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Another local guy is Fred at CaR Firearms in "Tukwila".  I put that in quotes because while it is officially Tukwila, I'd call it more like North Seatac or Latona....

https://www.facebook.com/CaRFirearms

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone have some recommendations for a gunsmith/machine shop that does cost effective barrel threading? I live in the Seattle area but am willing to drive. I have 7 to 10 barrels that are stripped out of the frames that need threading done to work with my silencer.
View Quote

I know a company....you'll get class 3 precision threads just for suppressor use and he's located in Kent. You can drive over and drop them off too.

Call Tom @ 253-632-5643

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I ended up going with Tom at liemohn manufacturing in kent. He is an awesome  guy  who is very easy to work with. He does very impressive  work. I can tell that he cares about the little fine details and is very fair on his pricing. I had him make a matching smooth cap for my threaded lever action. The cell phone pic doesn't do it justice. When I pick up the rest of the barrels I'm having threaded i'll post some high quality pictures.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice and tag.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
You can check with Brett at NW Armswerkes he did the threading for my .308 great guy and does custom precision builds.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently picked up some of my barrels. I had Tom thread them to the silencer Co oring thread pitch with matching caps. This is my browning Buckman hunter pistol.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I also had him trim another Buckman pistol down to 4 inches.
I also had him thread my Buckman rifle. Trimmed it down to 16 inches.
I have some other guns that he threaded too. I'll post some more later in the week when I have time.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]
CaR Firearms is awesome I've been taking everything I can't do there for years! Fred cut crowned and threaded an AK barrel for me and pinned / welded a brake 3 years ago.. Well priced and they are great people, I highly recommend them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top