Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2014 1:10:55 PM EDT
What were your results?  Did the CLEO give you the stink-eye and tell you to take your bitter, gun and religion clinging hide outta their office?  Or did they welcome you with open arms and sign your form 1 gleefully?  Or maybe you got a deer in the headlights look and didn't know what the heck you were talking about?

Anyone from Spokane County try it yet, what was your results?

I'm ready to do mine, just gotta find the time to get to the court house.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What were your results?  Did the CLEO give you the stink-eye and tell you to take your bitter, gun and religion clinging hide outta their office?  Or did they welcome you with open arms and sign your form 1 gleefully?  Or maybe you got a deer in the headlights look and didn't know what the heck you were talking about?

Anyone from Spokane County try it yet, what was your results?

I'm ready to do mine, just gotta find the time to get to the court house.
View Quote

I have trust, but I have talked to Ozzy and he said he will sign.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Mason county sheriff always signed my form 1's prior to time I got a trust.

Randy
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thurston County here; No issue.  

Sheriff did want a face to face a couple of times with me.  No big deal, pull out the suit and tie, smile, shake hands, exchange pleasantries.  Sheriff was new to doing ATF Forms, as was I back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I went to Lacey PD in 2008 and assistant chief Sussman went berserk. Told me suppressors were illegal and they arrest people all the time for them and he told me I would be arrested if I got one. I remained calm and explained everything to him and kept talking to me like I was criminal who was just arrested for child molesting or something.
In the end, he took my paperwork and told me he would consult with the city lawyers about it and contact me. About a week later I got my forms back with a letter stating they will not sign it because they would be liable if I used it to kill people.
Yeah fuck them. I was thinking about sending him a pic of my can with my trust and stamp when I finally got it, but figured they would kick my door in with warrant for threatening him if I did. Assholes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know if Chief Thomas in Kent will sign?  I'm planning on trying next week, but I don't want to waste my time if it's going to be a PITA.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I plan on  having the Oz sign off in mine in Spokane, haven't done anything yet though....
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad I don't live in Lacey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top