Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2013 2:20:33 PM EDT
I bought my last one at J&S Tactical in Lacey. I live in Redmond now. Where do I have to go to find one? I don't want to pay over inflated eastside prices. My father still lives in the south sound and I would not be making a special trip down to just get the lower if that is the best place to find them. Tell me where to go....
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Order online and have shipped to your FFL. Bummer is they just had a blem stripped lower and upper sale.

Linky
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Guns and Shizzle is their largest customer.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Surplus Arms and Ammo.  Purchase online and have shipped to your local FFL.

Link
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
SAA should be at the Monroe fun show this weekend.  Their lowers are manufactured by Aero.  They had blems at the last show for an awesome price (I think $69).  And the SAA roll mark looks better than what Aero puts on their own lowers (unless you like the "A").
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 2:33:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The problem with getting them shipped is that you end up paying for shipping, then whatever your local dealer charges for the transfer fee.  It would be worth the gas to drive to SA&A in Tacoma, or to wait for the Monroe show this weekend... IF you're a WAC member.  Joining just to buy a lower would likely put you back up in price again.
Doing that or having one shipped would put it at a higher price than getting one at West Coast I think.  Compare the price of buying one there, versus the gas to a dealer in the Tacoma area (a couple places sell them), versus shipping and transfer fee.  If you are a WAC member then that will be your best bet.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Primary arms is selling them cheap right now. Look into that? tax, ship, transfer. May make sense?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Primary arms is selling them cheap right now. Look into that? tax, ship, transfer. May make sense?
View Quote

I doubt it.

FFL fee is about $25
Add for Shipping  $  x  
Taxes........you'll be paying it anyway you go.  Your WA FFL will collect it from you.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I will drive down to guns and shizzle. Thanks for all the replies.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]
west coast has them for $129 :/
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
west coast has them for $129 :/
View Quote

Kind of high, BUT it'll likely be quite a bit less than buying one from Aero, paying for shipping, then paying for whatever the transfer fee is at a local dealer.
It may or may not be cheaper than going to SA&A depending on cost of fuel and how much he values his time.  Or if he's going to the Tacoma area anyway and might as well just stop in.  Of course if he's like many of us, the gas and time are kind of a moot point since it's also about checking out various gun stores.  Which is a fun way to spend some time no matter what.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:30:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Is an Aero Precision lower a better quality lower or is there a specific reason for this manufacturer? I like buying local and supporting local of course and I like good quality.
I am going to be buying  a complete lower in the next couple months and will be shopping around.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is an Aero Precision lower a better quality lower or is there a specific reason for this manufacturer? I like buying local and supporting local of course and I like good quality.
I am going to be buying  a complete lower in the next couple months and will be shopping around.
View Quote

I think it is a value per dollar issue, not too expensive and in spec is all you can ask for. MEGA is another great local brand.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I own two Aero lowers and I would not label them "highest quality".  For the money, they have great bang for the buck.  However the fit and finish leaves something to be desired.

If you want to buy local and also want amazing quality pickup either Mega Arms or Rainier Arms (machined by Mega).  Another great lower (forged or machined) is Seekins Precision, which is not in WA state but just across the border in Lewistown, ID.

My $.02 from someone who owns lowers from all of the above.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#14]
They're good, but the finish is more likely to flake in my experience than some other brands.   Especially around the holes for the triggerguard and bolt catch.  They've gotten better in the last two years though.
I don't like most any of the billet ones because of the extra cost involved.  There isn't enough benefit, for me, to want to spend the money on them.  Most do look hella cool, but not cool enough for me to spend the extra on.
I'd much rather get an Aero than most other brands that are $20-40 higher with no real benefit, and even if the finish is a little better, I can live with it.  Especially since I'll likely get scratches and dings in it anyway.

For a beater or a user, they are fine.   For a presentation rifle for a retirement gift or something, maybe a nicer looking one for sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#15]
My first AR was a Colt purchased back in1998. My second I built on a Mega upper and lower. Very nice, finish and machine work nicer than the old Colt. My third I found the Aero at a shop in Oly. It looked to be the same quality as the Mega, had and still has nice finish, and I love those sexy pictogram symbols for safe and fire.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]
dbl post.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Look here.   MidwestPX has a discount on a Aero (though dont' know what the going rate is for them now).  I do know the owner personally and he's a good guy.  

MidwestPX

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Look here.   MidwestPX has a discount on a Aero (though dont' know what the going rate is for them now).  I do know the owner personally and he's a good guy.  

MidwestPX

View Quote

Primary Arms has been selling them on and off over the past month for $69.99.  Which is about what I think their lowers are worth honestly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top