Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2013 5:15:51 PM EDT
Anybody in here have some advice for me on where I could take a couple pieces (guns) to have them evaluated for condition and value in the central to south sound areas?  

I am not thrilled about using gunbroker or armslist as a value generator but I guess that is my only result otherwise.  

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
DJ's in Bothell. The guy who runs the place has an amazing knowledge of firearms and could give you a value appraisal I'm sure. Just call a head to see how busy they are.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Irish.  

That is a great start.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Cabela's will appraise them for you for free.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude, there are many of us here on this forum that have collected WWII militaria & firearms for years. I'm one of them. I would never trust some random gun shop person, no matter how knowledgeable. You're  not asking them about their knowledge, you're asking them for current value... And alot of these folks don't know what current values are. Us collectors live this stuff, and know the values.

Post some photos and we'll give you a good estimate. I'll put my knowlege of WWIl era US and Japanese firearms up against anyone in any gun shop in the country. If it's German I'll have to pass to someone else.

-Thirtycal
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
someone just wants to see some gunpron
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
First item up for looking at is a 1943 M1 carbine.  General Motors Inland plant.  Finish condition is fair.  Stock condition is fair.  Parts are in working order and it shoots fairly well.  Barrel is clean and shiny with no signs of corrosion damage but may be worn.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Second would be a 190X Colt 38 Rimless Smokeless.  

Shootable condition with a non perfect finish condition.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Been super busy and on the road a lot the last two weeks, and i haven't had a chance to do any checking up on these.  

thirtycal you still out there?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure that's a Colt 1902 Military.  Does it have a lanyard loop, or a screw hole on the other side below the grip?

A quick search shows original condition guns like that selling from 1200 to over 2K, some with worse finishes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Its got the lanyard loop on it.  

Only thing it has on it for numbers is patented APR 20 1897 SEPT 9 1902
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, 1902 Military,

They can be worth some serious coin.  They are pretty rare.  Apparently Colt only made a few hundred per year.

They are chambered for .38 Automatic the precursor to .38 Super.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been super busy and on the road a lot the last two weeks, and i haven't had a chance to do any checking up on these.  

thirtycal you still out there?
View Quote

ooops, I just rediscovered this thread. Sorry for the delay. I have to admit that I didn't expect a 1902 Colt from the context of your original post (that's not really WWII). That's not something I know about (never even seen one that I can remember). Definitely valuable though; a quick check on Gunbroker shows they are trading hands at least at $1000, with many sales considerably north of that.

As for the M1, those are tough to appraise accurately because of the variations, and the importance of relatively minor details (starting with the stock). That looks like a post war replacement stock; any cartouches/stamps? Looking at general condition (and with inland not being particularly rare) from that photo I see a $600-700 rifle on a good day.

Interesting stuff! Thanks for posting and giving us a chance to see some cool stuff.

thirtycal

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top