Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2013 11:12:48 AM EDT
Got a FB message today that they're liquidating all guns in stock. After multiple questions from patrons the reply was that they'll still be "Kesselrings", just not a gun a supplier/dealer anymore.

Check out their FB page for more news.

ETA: wonder if Skagit Arms and RBS reloading punked them out?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Got word from a CEO vice pres of a local financial institution saying he heard through the rumor mill, that their paperwork wasn't in order so they're "resigning" so to speak.

Who knows for sure. Sad though
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Posted that they're going to become a "sporting goods" store.

Tha fuck?!
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Update: apparently they'll still be dealing in class 3

ETA: they'll be transferring their class 3 elsewhere locally. Whatever the fuck that means.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Somethings not stirring the koolaid. Plenty of posts on their FB page asking about details and suggesting some, got deleted.

Aaaaaaand I cant post anymore on their FB and a few other posts got deleted too.

They just said they'll be "surrendering" their FFL to the ATF and that its a forced surrender.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#5]
What's really weird is that I've heard this rumor for a couple of years.  My best guess is they had some guns from the front racks walk out the door and when the audit hit they were screwed
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard that the "old man" has until 01 Oct to "surrender" his ATF license.
I also heard that there's a bit of squabbling going on between certain factions (fudd vs black gun factions)
I guess if you look on Gun Broker you can see a bunch of guns for sale.
Don't expect any "smokin" deals, not when they can get full retail plus on line.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I also heard that there's a bit of squabbling going on between certain factions (fudd vs black gun factions)

Within the gunshop? There was a guy use to work the blackgun counter at kesselrings for a few years then just vanished a while back. Saw him out of nowhere working the Skagit Arms counter once or twice during the post newtown months but never again. Seemed like the kind of guy who'd be the first to say "fuck you fudds" and bail from a situation like that if it were to arise within a gunshop.

Stupid fudds....
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
that sucks.

I like that place.  

got a call.from them today asking me if I still needed a transfer (I had called them to inquire about one like 6 months ago or more. )
they said they were just clearing up old messages/notes.

thought that was a little odd.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they have any decent Garands over there?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No.

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#11]
My two cents worth:
The demographical younger 1st time buyer is hitting the superstores (Cabelas) and scooping up whatever shiny thing is out there.
The times are a changing and the places that stood the test of time are going to the wayside.
I dont like to see it but they hung in there through it all. I wish them all good luck, it was a good run.
If they get the range going, you bet I will be there.
They were always there, sad to see it end.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My two cents worth:
The demographical younger 1st time buyer is hitting the superstores (Cabelas) and scooping up whatever shiny thing is out there.
The times are a changing and the places that stood the test of time are going to the wayside.
I dont like to see it but they hung in there through it all. I wish them all good luck, it was a good run.

Over the past 6 months, they have been swamped and things were flying off their shelves.

would be strange timing for business closure due to financial hardship. At least from the outside looking in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looking for a Garand?
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My two cents worth:

Over the past 6 months, they have been swamped and things were flying off their shelves.

would be strange timing for business closure due to financial hardship. At least from the outside looking in.

Phucarooney, first Whorehouse Sports closed a few months back which was a great place to find a lot of odds and ends like powder, primers, mags and now Kesselrings.  I mentioned a while back that all the center racks were locked down with cables which might support shit walking out of the place.  I have not gone there much recently because the place is packed with people who (1/2 of them) don't shoot and "need" a gun while they can.  A shame to see long time dealers like this move out of the firearms business.

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#15]
  I went there a couple times before this latest frenzy and liked them.   Heard some urban legends about service but do not any complaints personally.   Sad to see it go.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking for a Garand?

Yeah... kinda.  

Just want a solid shooter, a Springfield if I had my pick for the history, but I'm not picky.

Trying to collect a representative lineup of all the major rifles of the primary WWII combatants.  So far, um, I have a Mosin.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2013 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking for a Garand?

Yeah... kinda.  

Just want a solid shooter, a Springfield if I had my pick for the history, but I'm not picky.

Trying to collect a representative lineup of all the major rifles of the primary WWII combatants.  So far, um, I have a Mosin.  

This has been one in my list also.   In my case I've been looking for the carbine version.   Always had a crush for that one.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2013 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]
The few times that I have been there were all post panic from last December.  It was ALWAYS packed.  I heard today that it was discovered during their ATF audit that 6 firearms were unaccounted for.  That sucks as again, they were always packed, so I can see how a mistake might happen.  They always treated me right.  I wonder who is gonna be the big Glock Blue Label Dealer in the area now.  

On a side note, does anyone thing that the ATF is purposely targeting the successful gun dealers?  They could be making it so damn difficult that it's a set up for failure.  It's plausible, after all, it was proven that all the GM and Chrysler dealerships that were owned by registered republicans were out of business after BHO weaseled his way into office.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The few times that I have been there were all post panic from last December.  It was ALWAYS packed.  I heard today that it was discovered during their ATF audit that 6 firearms were unaccounted for.  That sucks as again, they were always packed, so I can see how a mistake might happen.  They always treated me right.  I wonder who is gonna be the big Glock Blue Label Dealer in the area now.  

On a side note, does anyone thing that the ATF is purposely targeting the successful gun dealers?  They could be making it so damn difficult that it's a set up for failure.  It's plausible, after all, it was proven that all the GM and Chrysler dealerships that were owned by registered republicans were out of business after BHO weaseled his way into office.

I am not a tin foil person but I believe you are correct, look at the recent IRS scandal, the powers were unable to railroad through the various bans on a National level so they will take what they can get and closing dealers is a start.  If a dealer is faced with big fine/jail threats or walk away it is likely they will walk away.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#21]
This will have a small chain effect in the area. Kesselring's was a distributor for a couple brands. Some of the smaller shops that buy from them will be hurt too.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This will have a small chain effect in the area. Kesselring's was a distributor for a couple brands. Some of the smaller shops that buy from them will be hurt too.

Skagit Arms has lost two competitors within 10 miles. Cabelas, meh, I went into a Cabelas that was not busy and they made me draw a number from a DMV type ticket machine before they would wait on me
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#23]
What a goddamned shame.  

These guys used to have Romy SKSs and used 870 Police shotguns by the barrel  (literally) as well as an odd mix of consignment guns, one-offs and so on.  

They were never efficient and would frequently lose things, spares meant to go with a gun, etc.

Not a black gun mecca but a good place to buy ammo, black hills stuff, etc.

I mourn these old-time gunshops where you never quite knew what you would find, and it was always worth an hour or so when I was in the area.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry to hear this, I have a set of Kesslering Mounts, they once made them by hand, in their machine shop, cool place.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Never been there, but hate to hear it when a gun shop closes..... like we're loosing the war.....

The don't list much on their website....all fancy stuff....high priced items.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I bought a LOT from them, Remington and Leupold prices could not be beat most of the time.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I've made 4 purchases from them, since I moved to Washington. They aren't local to me any more, since I no longer live on Whidbey, so I haven't been in there in years.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Keith was always fair to me. I had some issues with them early on and swore to never buy anything from them again. Keith turned that around and showed wahat good service was. They are ok in my book. It's a shame to see them go.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Maybe the kesselring legacy will live on. Here's a screen shot from RBS ammo' FB page:

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#30]
That's gonna be nice having a range in the valley.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hopefully they won't go full retard on the prices for memberships.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How about the Plantation Rifle Range?  I have not shot there, went by once looked nice.

Link
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about the Plantation Rifle Range?  I have not shot there, went by once looked nice.

Link
That's a nice range that I go to on occasion.

By valley I mean Skagit Valley.  Plantation is in Bellingham.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or make a policy against picking up/keeping your own brass. Very few ranges have that policy but I knew of one like that. Once I found out I never went back.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Plantation is not in Bellingham proper, it's in Whatcom County.  

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link
Very nice FUDD range.
Not that its a bad thing, but stopped by there Tue when I was up that way.

Enjoy slow fire, no action shooting, no holster draw, no human feature targets...  Not sure if the same applies equally to members vs non-members.

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
Very nice FUDD range.

Not that its a bad thing, but stopped by there Tue when I was up that way.

Enjoy slow fire, no action shooting, no holster draw, no human feature targets...  Not sure if the same applies equally to members vs non-members.

There are worse ones......try Kenmore.....shoot from the bench ONE ROUND at a time.  Good for zeroing or if you're a bench rest shooter.  If you're a member and holds the CMP card, then you can shoot multiple rounds from different positions (kneeling, standing, prone).

Having said the above, it's easy to understand their position; they're surrounded by sheep as neighbors who want the range gone and turned into a golf course.

I've heard about a range somewhere in the peninsula that had to shut down, because it lost the permit due to neighbors complaining about being "traumatized by the sound of war".  

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

To me it's North Skagit as you are 1/2 way between Mt Vernon and Bellingham but I agree, not really in the Skagit Valley.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Or make a policy against picking up/keeping your own brass. Very few ranges have that policy but I knew of one like that. Once I found out I never went back.

For every problem there IS a solution...

Link Posted: 7/12/2013 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got fired from SSNW for it

Link Posted: 7/13/2013 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Details, details...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/13/2013 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I stopped by where the range is going to open.
It's right behind Skagit Harley off of I5.

There are no signs at the site (like shown on their Facebook page).

I was told that the property is owned by the Kesselring family, that they had plans about 5 years ago to open a range at that location.
It's not going to be a very large range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I stopped by where the range is going to open.

It's right behind Skagit Harley off of I5.

There are no signs at the site (like shown on their Facebook page).

I was told that the property is owned by the Kesselring family, that they had plans about 5 years ago to open a range at that location.

It's not going to be a very large range.

Kinda makes sense because it was about five years ago I started hearing various rumors about the shop.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#44]
I was up at Kesselrings today and talked to Aaron.  I think their sick of answering what was going on so he sent me this e-mail and I offered to post it up for him.

As of October 1, 2013 Kesselring Gun Shop, Inc. will surrender its Federal Firearms License (FFL) and no longer be in business to buy, sell or trade firearms or offer gunsmithing services. It will not be closing.

As you can imagine, it’s with a heavy heart that we share this news.

The Kesselring Family would like to thank all of its customers for 66 great years.  Moving forward there will be a business reorganization within the family, Keith and Don will be going their separate ways.

Keith Kesselring and Melissa Erlenbach will be opening Kesselring Pro Shop which will operate within the new indoor Skagit Shooting Range facility located in Burlington at 1340 Bouslog Road. The range is under construction and will open in late November, 2013.

Kesselring Pro Shop will offer firearms, ammunition and accessories for individual sale, law enforcement, corrections, first responders, firefighter personnel and those interested in concealed carry, home and self defense. The Skagit Shooting Range will offer a first class 16 lane indoor 25-yard range, complete with classroom facilities for individual or group training, special events, and league shooting.

Don Kesselring will continue retail, wholesale and internet sales operations at Kesselring Gun Shop, Inc., located at 4024 Old Highway 99 North Burlington, WA. Sales will include ammunition, reloading supplies and components, optics, bases and rings, and firearm parts and accessories.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Fudds vs black guns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 1:41:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Man, that sucks. I didn't really beleive it till now. That was a cornerstone shop in this area.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Reading before posting is important...
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Word on the street is they will be opening a new shop in Burlington and the old store will be ammo and excessories.
View Quote

Amazing, would have never known that if you hadn't posted that...never mind any of the other responses.    
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Amazing, would have never known that if you hadn't posted that...never mind any of the other responses.    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Word on the street is they will be opening a new shop in Burlington and the old store will be ammo and excessories.

Wow got me before I could edit...almost like a bad tweet
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#50]
<snicker>
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top