Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2012 4:18:43 AM EDT
My company has a job opening for what it referred to as our "Spokane WA" location but it is actually in Post Falls that I am interested in. Just curious about climate, activities, gun laws, rent prices, and so forth.

Currently I live near Asheville NC, so I'm in the mountains, we do get some snow a year, and we do often have weeks of temps in the teens at a time, but generally it's pretty mild in the winter and can get pretty hot in the summer. 80s and 90s with really high humidity.

Again, mountains, so I assume there is plenty of hiking, biking, fishing, hunting etc, but what about family parks, eateries, etc.

I have NC CCP and several NFA items. Bring with, or needs to stay? don't know how long I will live there so no sure about if I will officially change my residence to ID or not.

Rent. what can I expect to pay for a 2-3 bedroom apt/condo/townhouse or house? No intentions of living there permanently so renting would be best for me.

also, would I be better off living in WA or ID since I'd be right near the border?

asking this in the ID HTF as well, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Couer d' Alene, Post Falls, Rathdrum > Spokane

Idaho is far more NFA friendly than WA, too. No SBR or FA in WA.

Idaho has better hunting.

Spokane is just a short drive away for any reason you might need to go there.

If I lived/worked in the greater Spokane-Couer d' Alene area the decision to live in Idaho would be no brainer for me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I've lived in Spokane coming up on 17 years.  Spokane is big enough there is always something to do if you want, but with out some of the big city problems.  Yes, we have crime (meth, pot, petty theft, etc) but its a fairly lovable city. Most consider post falls, CDA, and Spokane to be one large metro/suburban area.

Haven't rented in quite a while, but the neighbors house 3/2 w2+ car garage just rented fir $1050.  But, we're on the edge if the city /county, with an undeveloped field behind and wooded hills beyond that.

Wa is a shall issue cwp state, not sure about Idaho, but I'd reignizes WA, while WA doesn't recognize wa.  Get the Utah permit and all it good.

Suppressors are good in WA, while ID if SBR's/sbs, FA, suppressor friendly if you're so inclined.

I love it how people who don't live here always have to put up their two cents.  Sometimes they're right, others nt so much.

Thrw a shout out to spokaneguntrader.com to get some more feedback.

I'd has state income tax, WA does not.  Liquor is cheaper in Id.  Food is tax free in WA.   Lt of people who live I id buy food in wa while people who live in wa buy booze in post falls.

Hunting is generally better in ID due to closer to forests, but you can do well in either state with some scouting and planning.

Merry Christmas

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Idaho.

The only real benefit to Spokane is no State Income tax.

If you hunt/Fish ,  Idaho is also the way to go as their out of state license fees are outrageous Idaho is where the better hunting is esp Elk, Also some awesome fly fishing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I applied for the job and am supposed to have interviews set up later this week. Hopefully they will fly me out to the area to interview so I get an idea of what I'm getting myself into. Too early to count any chickens, but I'm staying positive about it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
How far is the nearest full 1/4 mile drag strip to post falls/couer d'alene?

That's a deal maker for me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

you know, you can train a monkey to drive a straight line...... just sayin
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably closer than you are to one now: 32 miles.

Even closer if, as long time Spokanites might recall, you count Riverside Avenue.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$1000.00 dollars cash in an envelope. First Test 'N tune in March, Pacific Raceways. Bracket race, dials on window. Me and you.

We give the envelopes to the starter. The winner returns to the starting line and winner takes all.
Option 2: Heads up race, run what ya brung, proof of personal ownership for vehicle used not required. $5000.00 cash.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably closer than you are to one now: 32 miles.

Even closer if, as long time Spokanites might recall, you count Riverside Avenue.
You're right. 154 miles round trip from my driveway now. I never miss a race. Ever.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

$1000.00 dollars cash in an envelope. First Test 'N tune in March, Pacific Raceways. Bracket race, dials on window. Me and you.

We give the envelopes to the starter. The winner returns to the starting line and winner takes all.

Option 2: Heads up race, run what ya brung, proof of personal ownership for vehicle used not required. $5000.00 cash.

slow your roll man, it was a joke.

besides, If I move 2500 miles the only car coming with me will be my Tundra, would likely sell the wifes Malibu (even though we love it) and leave the toys behind in my parents garage.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

besides, If I move 2500 miles the only car coming with me will be my Tundra, would likely sell the wifes Malibu (even though we love it) and leave the toys behind in my parents garage.
Claims was only joking when shit gets real.  Check.

Runs mouth then backs out when cash is needed to back mouth up.  Check.

Uses parents Garage as storage unit. Check.

Uses Tundra to drop wife off at bus stop.  Check.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#12]
If I could choose where my whole family would live, I would choose Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

then I'll go back to my previous claim, a trained monkey can drive a straight line. call me when you learn how to use your steering wheel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

then I'll go back to my previous claim, a trained monkey can drive a straight line. call me when you learn how to use your steering wheel.

A monkey smart enough to drag race competitively could probably afford 2 cars and not need his parents garage....just sayin

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A monkey smart enough to drag race competitively could probably afford 2 cars and not need his parents garage....just sayin

you're a Mustang driver aren't you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:45:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you find yourself in a hole....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you find yourself in a hole....

I think he's offline right now trying to rent borrow an excavator.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBMC72

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Bump?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top