Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2012 5:58:22 PM EDT
I received these with my Washington "special design plates". Do you know where they should be placed on the plates? For example, do they go underneath the tabs, underneath where it says "Washington", etc?

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
What do they do/ how do you get them?

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Marine Corps plate and the Veteran tab goes under the Eagle Globe and Anchor. I.e. bottom left.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a Marine Corps plate and the Veteran tab goes under the Eagle Globe and Anchor. I.e. bottom left.

Ok. That makes sense. I ended up not using them. I paid the Licensing Dept. an extra $10, showed them my DD214, and got the "U.S. Veteran" emblem decal and campaign ribbons decals.

http://www.dva.wa.gov/license_plate_emblems.html

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks way different than mine. Mine has a flag background and says. MC 01114.

The ribbon thing must be new, post 2006.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That looks way different than mine. Mine has a flag background and says. MC 01114.

The ribbon thing must be new, post 2006.

That's if you do not buy the military plates. Mine has a flag background as well and say "AR #####". I paid $30 for the military plates and $10 for the "U.S. Veteran" with ribbons. I'll take pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Do these have a special rule? My dad, used to have Active duty GAANG plates, that never expired as long as he was in.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do these have a special rule? My dad, used to have Active duty GAANG plates, that never expired as long as he was in.

I had to show them my DD214 for the Veteran Emblem.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

These still expire and are just like any of the other special designs here.  Just something to show you are or were in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top